Lory Gil and Mikah Sargent are the stars of the show this week with a variety of different tech stories. First, Instagram is making it possible to share your stories with only your closest friends. They've also improved the accessibility of the platform by allowing users to provide text descriptions of the images they post. This is similar to a feature Twitter has previously implemented to benefit the visually impaired.
There's huge news in the re-kindled (pun not intended) relationship between Amazon and Apple. Available later this December, Echo devices will support Apple Music.
In less happy news, Marriott says records from 500 million Starwood guests were stolen in a massive data breach. The extent of the information leaked in the breach is still being determined.
Apple CEO Tim Cook is giving the keynote address at the Anti-Defamation League's anti-Semitism and anti-hate summit in New York on December 3rd.
Finally, Mikah and Lory share their gadget picks of the week! Come on in, it's getting cold outside!
- Share with Your Close Friends on Instagram Stories
- Creating a More Accessible Instagram
- How to add image descriptions to your Twitter photos
- "Alexa, play Bebe Rexha on Apple Music"
- Marriott says 500 million Starwood guest records stolen in massive data breach
- Tim Cook to give keynote address at anti-Semitism and anti-hate summit in New York
- Tim Cook Speaks Up
- mophie charge stream desk stand $70
- Mujjo Touchscreen Gloves for Winter with 3M Thinsulate $50
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
Be part of the show!
Send in your comments, questions, feedback, or follow-up to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The EU wants to mandate USB-C ports on smartphones
The EU wants portable device manufacturers to adopt a common charging standard. Previously, the bloc had adopted a position of encouragement, but that policy did not lead to the desired results.
Facebook abandons plan to sell ads in WhatsApp
Facebook has reportedly abandoned plans to sell ads inside WhatsApp, plans that resulted in co-founder Jan Koum leaving the group in 2018.
Apple's A14 CPU could be comparable in performance to some MacBook Pros
Apple's iPhone 12 will likely ship with the A14 processor beating at its heart. And it's going to be super fast according to one report.
The perfect fit for smaller spaces, the best 32-inch TVs
Big-screen TVs are the greatest, but a 55-inch probably doesn't make much sense in your bedroom, kitchen, or smaller living room. 32 inches is often the perfect size for these spaces, and these are the best 32-inch TVs you can buy.