Rene and Lory have an in-depth conversation about Apple, the FBI, and maintaining the security of their devices for users. They also discuss the notion of Apple users as 'cult' members and the tribalism of brands.
The chat turns to SpO2 monitors and other health monitoring technologies as Fitbit trades blows with Apple Watch. Finally, they check out the Unofficial Apple Archive — an amazing repository of Apple marketing videos and presentations!
- Apple vs. the FBI
- The FBI reportedly extracted data from a locked iPhone 11 Pro last year | iMore
- The FBI doesn't need Apple to unlock Pensacola gunman's phones | iMore
- President Donald Trump says that Apple should 'step up to the plate' and unlock criminal's phones | iMore
- Apple users are a cult
- SpO2 monitors and why Apple doesn't have one yet
- Apple Archive
- VypDrive Ep 54: Mr. Mobile (Michael Fisher) On Deck - YouTube
- Future: The most personal training experience, ever. Get your first month half off at tryfutue.com/imore.
Be part of the show!
Send in your comments, questions, feedback, or follow-up to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple releases iPadOS 13.5.1
Apple has released iPadOS 13.5.1, which fixes some security bugs.
Apple might be giving people a reason to upgrade their 2012 MacBook Pro
Anyone who still uses a 2012 MacBook Pro should probably look to upgrade it sooner rather than later following a report that claims Apple will label it "obsolete" this month.
New report backs up claims that we'll wait until October for iPhone 12
Apple would normally announce its new iPhones in September, but the coronavirus situation seems to have put paid to that. All eyes are now on October instead.
Don't let the OLED screen on your iPhone X break — get a screen protector
If you want to protect your iPhone X, a screen protector is the way to go: Here are the best options you can buy right now.