A touch-enabled web reader. An internet TV. And a gaming console. Are you getting it yet? OK. Steve Jobs never said that, but what Apple's famed co-founder did say was that there was room between the iPhone and the MacBook for a third category of device. And that device is iPad.
While some consider the iPad market beleaguered, Apple keeps selling them by the tens of millions. More than Macs. More than PCs. More than almost anything else on the planet, except of course, for iPhone.
- 9.7-inch iPad review (2018)
- 9.7-inch iPad (2018) review drawn, written, edited, and produced on the iPad
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro review (2017)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (2016)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro review (2015)
- iPad mini 4 review (2015)
- iPad Air 2 review (2014)
- iPad Air review (2013)
- iPad mini 3 review (2013)
Buying your iPad
If you're still on the fence about which iPad to buy — or which iPad to upgrade to — Apple's made the choices slightly easier now. The updated 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the new 10.5-inch iPad Pro (which replaces the 9.7-inch iPad Pro) are identical in everything but display size and variety of finishes. (The 12.9-inch model lacks the rose gold option). Both have 120 Hz ProMotion displays, A10X processors, and support for Smart Connector and Apple Pencil.
The 6th-generation 9.7-inch iPad doesn't have the "pro" display but is least expensive full-sized iPad Apple's ever made, and it even supports Apple Pencil. And there's iPad mini 4, which condenses the iPad experience down to 7.9-inches. Then, of course, there are colors, capacities, and things like AppleCare+ to consider.
iPad Buyers Guide
- Which iPad model should you get?
- Should you upgrade to iPad Pro?
- iPad Pro vs. MacBook: Which should you buy?
- What storage size should you get?
- What color should you get?
- Should you get AppleCare+ or insurance?
- The best way to buy your iPad
- How to sell your iPad
- Buy iPad at Apple
Using your iPad
Just get a new iPad? Then your next step is setting it up and getting started with it. Whether that means configuring it from scratch or restoring it from backup, moving your data over from an iPhone, Android tablet, or PC, or digging into all the features, the fun starts there. Safari, iBooks, TV, Photo Booth, it's all ready and waiting for you.
iPad Users Guide
- How to set up your new iPad
- How to transfer data from your old iPad to your new iPad
- How to use your iPad and iOS 11
- How to fix iPad battery life problems
More for iPad
Setting up your iPad is only the beginning. There's a whole store filled with apps and a world of accessories for you to discover With them, your iPad isn't the limit. There is no limit.
Best apps and accessories for iPad
- Best apps for iPad
- Best games for iPad
- Best accessories for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- Best accessoreis for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- Best accessories for the 9.7-inch iPad
- Best accessories for the 7.9-inch iPad mini 4
iPad help and discussion
If you have any questions or need any help with your iPad, jump into our forums:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple says its offices in the US will not fully reopen until at least 2021
According to a report from Bloomberg, Apple is planning for its office and many of its retail workers to remain remote for the rest of the year.
Review: The Oak Hollow Aloria Series Office Chair is comfy and customizable
To maximize your productivity, you need a comfortable, ergonomic office chair. Consider Oak Hollow Furniture's multi-adjustable Aloria Series Office Chair, designed for comfort.
Let's talk iOS 14 public betas, AirPods, and technostalgia
It's been a busy week with Apple releasing public betas for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14. We also talk about the AirPods design rumors and more.
Draw and type more comfortably on your iPad Pro with one of these stands
Drawing or writing with iPad Pro at a desk or table? Check out these stands for a stellar working experience.