The Witcher Adventure Game brings the new fantasy board game to iPad
CD Projekt Red has been highly successful with their Witcher fantasy RPG game franchise on the PC and consoles and recently started closed beta testing for a mobile game spin-off, The Witcher Battle Arena. However, it appears that the first Witcher mobile game to launch to the general public will be something else: The Witcher Adventure Game, a digital version of a real world board game.
Players in the game can pick from one of four characters and then go on quests to fight monsters, solve mysteries and more. Here's a breakdown of the game's features, which is now on sale for $5.99 for the iPad:
- Art design taken straight from the critically acclaimed Witcher series of video games
- Play vs. AI and vs. your friends (online multiplayer and hot seat)
- Clear, simple rules, and intuitive mechanics.
- 4 unique heroes with different skills and approaches to problem solving
- Achievement and leaderboard support
- Digital edition contains over 288 cards and 30 monsters
- $5.99 - Download now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
I have been writing professionally about technology and gaming news for 14 years.
In the article it says this game runs on the iPhone and the iPad but that's a glitch right? I believe it only runs on the iPad and it doesn't support the iPhone.
Yep, looks like it's only for iPad for now. Maybe the iPhone version isn't too far behind.