Netflix is always adding new movies and TV shows to its catalog, and each week, we'll bring you the best it has to offer!
What to Watch
In this week's Netflix selections, Bill Nye is back on your television with new lessons about science and the world, help along by special guests. In a new Netflix original series, take a look at the woman who started the Nasty Gal fashion brand. Finally, see a young girl rise from poverty to become one of the first titled female chess champions in the history of Uganda.
- Bill Nye Saves the World - Season 1 - Bill Nye is back to show the world how fun and cool science can actually be. Bill welcomes scientific experts and celebrity guests alike as he performs experiments and discusses how different aspects of science impact out everyday lives.
- Girlboss - Season 1 - Based on the autobiography of Sophia Amoruso, this Netflix original series follow's Sophia's start in the fashion industry, first as the proprietor of her own eBay store, then later as the founder and owner of the Nasty Gal clothing brand.
- Disney's Queen of Katwe - This film tells the story of chess champion Phiona Mutesi. The movie follows her life from her rough upbringing in Katwe in Kampala, Uganda, to her journey, supported by her family, to becoming one of the first titled female chess champions in the history of Uganda. As her skill in the game takes her outside of Katwe, she begins to dream of a better life not only for herself, but for her family as well.
Netflix will see a number of additions to its lineup in the next week, beginning with the premiere of original series Dear White People, which explores race relations at a fictional American college. There's also the original movie Small Crimes, which follows an ex-cop trying to get his life on track. Finally, see the continuing adventures of Princess Sofia and her animal friends in Sofia the First.
- Dear White People - Season 1 - The series, based on the 2014 film of the same name, offers a satirical look at race relations between students of differing backgrounds on the campus of a fictional U.S. college, and the racism, both overt and subtle, that lurks beneath a veneer of tolerance. Arrives April 28. - See on Netflix
- Small Crimes - In this black comedy crime film, ex-cop Joe Denton tries to rebuild his life after serving six years in prison for attempted murder. Though he tries to move on, Joe find that sometimes the past won't stay in the past. Arrives April 28. - See on Netflix
- Sofia the First - Season 3 - When her mother marries the king of Enchancia, Sofia goes from commoner to princess overnight. As she grows into the position, Sofia tries to balance the responsibilities of being a member of the royal family with her own adventurous side. Arrives April 30. - See on Netflix
Bookmark this page and check back next week for more from Netflix!