Curious how to watch our podcasts, iPhone Live and iPad Live on your iPhone and iPad? If you come here to TiPb.com on your iOS device you'll likely realize we're trapped in little, unsupported Flash boxes. However, there is a way to see and hear at least some of the show while mobile. We'll tell you how after the break!
We use Ustream to stream our iPhone Live! and iPad Live! podcasts and they use Flash on the browser end, which is not supported by Apple and iOS. However Ustream has made an app that will let you watch the hosts video and everyone's audio. Here's how it works:
- Download the Ustream Viewing Application [Free - iTunes Link]
- Wait until about 9pm ET on Wednesday (iPhone Live) or Sunday (iPad Live).
- Launch the Ustream Viewing app.
- Search for "iPhone Live" (both shows use that name for the broadcast).
- There might be several results, look for the one that actually says iPhone Live and tap on it.
- Wait for the stream to buffer.
- Watch along with us!
Unfortunately you can't watch everyone at once and we're using a different chat program at the moment, so you can't watch and chat but we're working on solving both those problems. In the meantime you can still keep up with both iPhone Live and iPad live on the go with your iPhone or iPod touch, or with your feet up on iPad!
If you have any questions or any other Ustream tips to share with us please leave them in the comments!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)*