No GPS signal when playing Pokémon Go ? Find some sun!
Pokémon Go is one of those games that requires not only a strong internet connection at all times, but a connection to a GPS tower for full enjoyment. Here's how to make sure you're always connected.
How to fix 'GPS signal not found' error in Pokémon Go
If you're getting an error about not having a GPS signal when opening Pokémon Go on your iPhone, you there are a number of steps you can take.
- Switch Airplane mode on, wait a moment, then turn it back off. This resets all the radios and can sometimes get GPS to reset with it.
- If you're indoors, try to step outside, even for a moment, until the error goes away and your game resumes. This will allow the GPS satellite to locate your phone and synchronize with the game world.
- If you're outdoors but still can't find a stable GPS signal, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on, even there are no Wi-Fi network to connect to. (Wi-Fi mapping is part of Apple's location services.)
How to turn on Wi-Fi
- While in Pokémon Go, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to enter Command Center.
- Tap on Wi-Fi symbol. Make sure it highlighted.
- Swipe down again to get back to the game.
Still getting a GPS error? Close the app and reload it
Sometimes a quick close and re-opening is all that you need to reconnect to find a GPS signal and get back to the game.
- Return to the Home screen, if you can, by pressing the Home button.
- Open a new app, and take a few minutes to do something else. (Or better yet: Explore the area where you've been searching for Pokémon without your eyes glued to a screen!)
Double-press the Home button to enter the multitasking screen.
- Swipe to the Pokémon Go card.
- Tap on the Pokémon Go card to reenter the app.
Still can't solve the GPS issue?
If, after going outside, turning on Wi-Fi, and closing and reloading the app you are still getting a 'GPS signal not found' error, it may be a problem with Niantic's servers. Give it some time: the app is incredibly popular, and the servers may just be overloaded.