Mac annual growth year-over-year a staggering 100% over 5 years
At the WWDC keynote presentation, Tim Cook announced some pretty impressive numbers for Mac hardware and OS X. Let's break it down a little:
- 72 million user install base
- iMac is the number one desktop in the U.S, MacBook is the number one notebook
- Mac annual growth year-over-year is 100% over 5 years
- 35% of Mac users are running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 28 million copies of Mountain Lion sold making it the best selling release of OS X
There's a lot more to come, so keep it locked to our liveblog from San Francisco!