What you need to know
- Niantic recently began testing a new feature that would allow players to earn PokéCoins for daily tasks.
- Initially only available in Australia, three additional countries will gain access to this new feature.
- Team GO Rocket tasks will also be added to the tests.
Recently, Niantic has been testing a new feature for Pokémon Go that allows players to earn PokéCoins from daily activities other than holding Gyms. Initially, these tests were only being held in Australia, with players providing feedback to help improve the feature before a global launch. Now, Niantic has announced it will be expanding the tests of this new feature to Germany, New Zealand, and Taiwan. Based on positive feedback from current Trainers testing this feature, Niantic will also be incorporating Team GO Rocket tasks into the potential activities which can earn Trainers PokéCoins.
Although there is no word on when this feature will be ready for the global market, Niantic has outlined some details so far, including:
- The maximum number of PokéCoins a player can earn per day is 50.
- The number of PokéCoins a player can earn from defending Gyms is six per hour.
- The maximum number of PokéCoins a player can earn per day defending Gyms is 30.
- The number of PokéCoins a player can earn per day from completing other activities is 20.
In addition to the new Team GO Rocket tasks, other activities players can potentially complete to earn coins include:
- Make an Excellent/Great/Nice Throw.
- Evolve, Transfer, Power Up, or Catch a Pokémon.
- Use a Berry to catch a Pokémon.
- Take a snapshot of your Buddy Pokémon.
- Win a raid.
Are you excited for the addition of more countries and Team GO Rocket tasks to this new feature? Are you one of the lucky players who've already been able to test it out? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to check out our Complete Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides so you too can become a Pokémon Master!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple has its first Primetime Emmy with Billy Crudup and 'The Morning Show'
Apple TV+ has its first Primetime Emmy win on the board and it surely won't be the last.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
WeChat ban has been blocked by U.S. District Court
The Trump administration's ban on WeChat was set to go into effect today, but a U.S. district court judge just blocked it.
Kid-friendly board games to keep your children entertained
Games can teach kids teamwork, strategy, help with basic math skills, and even give their critical thinking skills a good test. Plus, board games are fun as heck, so here's a list of our favorite games you can play with your kids!