What you need to know
- Niantic is celebrating the entire month of May with a new type of event in Pokémon Go.
- The Throwback Challenge event will feature Timed Research lines available during a limited window.
- Completing all four weeks of the Throwback Challenge will unlock a fifth challenge during the first week of June, as well as offer plenty of rewards.
Today, Niantic announced an upcoming event for Pokémon Go: Throwback Challenge 2020. This new event will take place during the entire month of May, with every week featuring a new set of Timed Research lines which will each only be available for a limited time. These Timed Research lines will each feature eight sets of three tasks, all focused on a specific region. The schedule for the Throwback Challenge is:
- Throwback Challenge 2020: Kanto Timed Research: Friday, May 1, 2020 at 1 pm until Friday, May 8 at 1 pm local time.
- Throwback Challenge 2020: Johto Timed Research: Friday, May 8, 2020 at 1 pm until Friday, May 15 at 1 pm local time.
- Throwback Challenge 2020: Hoenn Timed Research: Friday, May 15, 2020 at 1 pm until Friday, May 22 at 1 pm local time.
- Throwback Challenge 2020: Sinnoh Timed Research: Friday, May 22, 2020 at 1 pm until Friday, May 29 at 1 pm local time.
- Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 1 pm until Monday, June 8 at 1 pm local time.
The Throwback Challenge lines will show up in the Today View, and once unlocked, must be completed within a limited time. For players who complete the first four challenges, a special fifth Timed Research line will unlock during the first week of June. Niantic promises that players will be able to complete all of these challenges in an individual setting.
In addition to the numerous rewards offered for each of the sets of tasks, completing all five Research lines will reward players with Rare Candies, an avatar item based on Professor Willow's glassed, and encounters with Genesect, Galarian Meowth, and Galarian Stunfisk. We will be covering each of these challenge weeks in more detail soon! In the meantime, be sure to check out our Complete Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides so you too can become a Pokémon Master!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
TikTok is being banned in the U.S. from Sunday, September 20
The U.S. Department of Commerce will ban TikTok and WeChat from U.S app stores from Sunday.
Kid-friendly board games to keep your children entertained
Games can teach kids teamwork, strategy, help with basic math skills, and even give their critical thinking skills a good test. Plus, board games are fun as heck, so here's a list of our favorite games you can play with your kids!