What you need to know
- Regirock, Regice, and Registell will return to legendary raids, and Regigigas will appear in EX raids.
- Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal will spawn more often in the wild.
- Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum will hatch more often from eggs.
- Tickets for a new type of special research that grants players early access to Regigigas will be available for purchase.
Niantic announced Monday that the Legendary trio of Titans will be returning to raids for four days for a Colossal Event. Starting at 1 p.m. PDT on Nov. 1, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will return to five-star raids. If you missed out on any of these titans or want to try your luck at a shiny version, they'll be available for four days only.
Make sure to seek out EX gyms too because beginning in November, passes for the Colossal Pokémon, Regigigas, will be featured in EX raids.
For trainers who just can't wait for those EX raids, Niantic will be offering a new way to play. Only available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (local time) on Nov. 2, players will be able to purchase tickets for a special research story event. Once purchased, the special research will operate in much the same way as previous special researches, with multiple tasks to complete leading up to a reward of the legendary pokémon, Regigigas.
The tickets will cost $7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and cannot be purchased with Pokécoins. They are also nonrefundable, but if a player does not finish the research by the end of the event, it will still be available to complete afterward.
Included with the ticket, players will receive:
- A new Special Research story event, featuring an early-access encounter with Regigigas.
- A Colossal Discovery medal.
- Up to 10 additional Raid Passes at no cost during the Special Research story event time period when you spin a photo disc at a gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
- An Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose from conducting the Special Research.
Also, several rock, steel, and ice pokémon will be showing up more frequently in both the wild and in eggs. Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal will spawn more often in the wild, while Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum will be hatching from eggs. Incubators will also have 2x effectiveness, and the shiny version of Skarmory will be available.
So, are you excited for this Colossal event? Let us know in the comments below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
TikTok is being banned in the U.S. from Sunday, September 20
The U.S. Department of Commerce will ban TikTok and WeChat from U.S app stores from Sunday.
Kid-friendly board games to keep your children entertained
Games can teach kids teamwork, strategy, help with basic math skills, and even give their critical thinking skills a good test. Plus, board games are fun as heck, so here's a list of our favorite games you can play with your kids!