What you need to know
- Regirock, Regice, and Registell will return to legendary raids, and Regigigas will appear in EX raids.
- Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal will spawn more often in the wild.
- Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum will hatch more often from eggs.
- Tickets for a new type of special research that grants players early access to Regigigas will be available for purchase.
Niantic announced Monday that the Legendary trio of Titans will be returning to raids for four days for a Colossal Event. Starting at 1 p.m. PDT on Nov. 1, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will return to five-star raids. If you missed out on any of these titans or want to try your luck at a shiny version, they'll be available for four days only.
Make sure to seek out EX gyms too because beginning in November, passes for the Colossal Pokémon, Regigigas, will be featured in EX raids.
For trainers who just can't wait for those EX raids, Niantic will be offering a new way to play. Only available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (local time) on Nov. 2, players will be able to purchase tickets for a special research story event. Once purchased, the special research will operate in much the same way as previous special researches, with multiple tasks to complete leading up to a reward of the legendary pokémon, Regigigas.
The tickets will cost $7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and cannot be purchased with Pokécoins. They are also nonrefundable, but if a player does not finish the research by the end of the event, it will still be available to complete afterward.
Included with the ticket, players will receive:
- A new Special Research story event, featuring an early-access encounter with Regigigas.
- A Colossal Discovery medal.
- Up to 10 additional Raid Passes at no cost during the Special Research story event time period when you spin a photo disc at a gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
- An Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose from conducting the Special Research.
Also, several rock, steel, and ice pokémon will be showing up more frequently in both the wild and in eggs. Geodude, Magnemite, Swinub, Aron, and Spheal will spawn more often in the wild, while Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Sneasel, Skarmory, Snorunt, and Beldum will be hatching from eggs. Incubators will also have 2x effectiveness, and the shiny version of Skarmory will be available.
So, are you excited for this Colossal event? Let us know in the comments below.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.