MacPhun has updated their iPhone photo editing apps, FX Photo Studio, with a new Masking Studio. This allows the user to apply a filter to only part of an image.
Masking tool allows applying effects on a particular part of the image. With a selection of 194 effects, which can be customized and mixed, masking tools gives close to unlimited creative possibilities when it comes to image processing on your iDevice. Masking studio lets users choose a brush type and supports maximum iPhone 4 image resolution.
Here are all of the update details:
- Masking Studio: apply effects to any part of the image
- 7 new effects, including 3-D filter
- Performance improvements - with some filters 2X faster processing
- Improved editing tools: gamma, saturation, hues, etc
- Improved in-app camera
- Possibility to import images from Facebook
- Instagram sharing
- Centering for Tilt Shift, Radial Blur effects
- Square crop option
- Enhanced user interface
- Restore in-app purchases from inside the app
The Masking Studio is such a great feature! I've never been much of a fan of drastic filters because although they make part of the picture look great, they commonly ruin (in my opinion) another part of the photo (like skin). I'm looking forward to seeing the type of images I can get out of FX Photo Studio with masking.
The good folks at MacPhun have given us a couple promo codes to give away to you! For a chance to win, let us know how many photos are in your camera roll!
FX Photo Studio is available on the iPhone for $1.99. Screenshots and video after the break.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at [email protected], tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]