Apple posts three new videos to YouTube covering iPhone 4S, Siri and iCloud

Apple has posted three of the videos it used in yesterdays "Let's Talk iPhone" event to YouTube. The three videos are "Introducing iPhone 4S" which covers the features and benefits of the iPhone 4S, "Introducing Siri on iPhone 4S" which demos the Siri voice assistant features and finally "Introducing iCloud". The three videos are embedded below for your viewing pleasure.

Source: YouTube

chrisoldroyd

UK editor at iMore, mobile technology lover and air conditioning design engineer.

2011 iPod touch review

iPhone 4S will be the first phone to feature Bluetooth 4.0

Highlander says:

Damn, I can't see the screen anymore... I must be getting old (pun intended)... When I was younger in 2007, I could see stuff on that HUGE screen... Now... Seems so small.

Tojasonhoo says:

Me too. I think the 3GS ruined my eyes. Was hoping foir a larger screen.

Jonathan Bradbury says:

apples trying to justify a crappy phone with cool videos
sorry not crappy phone... crappy update... my bad

rkempt says:

Nah, IMO this is by far the biggest update the iPhone has ever received - compare what was changed in any other revision of the iPhone and you'll see how amazing these new features and specs are in comparison.

Splinter Baker says:

Really? a crappy update? here you go children. Since i guess kids need PICTURES to explain things.

Gsarfin says:

I'm digging it. Wish there was an iPhone 5, but I'm still on 3GS and won't wait any longer. I've used android, and they are cool... But I'm too into iOS and iPhones to switch... Not a fanboy, just too big a learning curve and too short a battery life with android, plus all my friends that went android are planning on coming back to iPhone. I could care less about a giant screen - its a phone, not a tablet!!!

Jason (Money Cartel) says:

I've got Sprint who clearly are the winners here. Def getting a 4S as my second phone

Cooldudehtj says:

Siri isn't useful everywhere like when voice control was a big hype too

Stavros says:

I red that Siri required wifi or 3G. Looks great but we'll see in real life.. We know it. But good idea. Nice videos. I have Blackberry phone, waiting for Bold 9900 touch, but price is so high. So maybe i choose IP4S. My wife has ip4, i have iPad and macbook. So :)

Flintchesthair says:

Def going to require 3G. It forwards what you say to a data base, just like the app.

Anti_ponjin says:

Who was it that started the rumor of iPhone 5? We all expected a new design with a larger screen and we got disappointed. I have a 3G and a 3GS. I'd love to have the 4S. Not disappointed any longer. My good friend has a Galaxy II. He told me to stick with IOS as he's not sold on Android. He hates how Apple dictates how to upload/download to his computer (iTunes) and that's why he went with Samisn'thung.

mervb says:

Awesome! Siri is going to increase my productivity. Day one for me!

Phanboy&ChumChum says:

For what it's worth, it says it "may" be required. Whatever that means.

Flintchesthair says:

Probably referring to wifi only when it arrives on wifi only devices like the iPad, cause it also refers to cell data charges.

techylikey says:

Apple wouldn't make commercials of a guy running outside and using Siri if it required wifi. Pretty sure he would be running in and out of hotspots at best. Apple is a lot of things, but misleading isn't one of them. Siri will definitely be available over 3G...or even 3.5G (hsdpa)

Crzegreg says:

I luv Apple! I'm a 43 year old X-microsft guy..... Apple did the right move. We as Americans are way too spoiled. We need things now. America, slow down. Trust me, I am a guy who works 60 hours a week, I need to smell the roses!! The new phone excites me. Yes, a larger screen would be nice.... I will be ok.

ronmcse says:

Is Siri only for 4S or will it be available for iOS5 on the 4 also?

Mike S. says:

Just the 4S. It requires 1GB of ram. I'm sure they could've gotten it to work on the iPhone 4, it's just a marketing ploy for us iPhone 4 users to upgrade.

patricksmangan says:

Siri should be updated to read toyou all the results it pulls up

Bones_6 says:

There might be a toggle for that.

Vox says:

It needs an internet connection to do the dictation thing...it does that server-side and not on-device.

Jstellmaker says:

ive been using suri for years ! works great =D ... oh wait that vlingo!! good try apple!! its been done and done again already

Mike S. says:

Pretty weird that Sprint has no mention of the iPhone on their website.

Spock says:

Internet connectivity (WiFI or 3G) is required only to access data for some responses (like - where is the nearest Chinese restaurant?). If your query is about data that is already on your phone, like setting up an appointment in your calendar, internet access will not be needed.
Internet access is not required for the speech recognition to work - that runs on the iPhone itself, which is why the A5's processing power is needed. Other speech recognition apps send your voice to their servers to be interpreted, which means they need the internet access to even function.

truckerj93455 says:

its up now on sprint the i phone 4 pre order now and the i phone 4s friday

kona2010 says:

Can Siri give you direction meaning text to speech. I purchased 2 different gps app but prefer to use the google app that came with the phone. Can't wait to get ride of my third party gps apps.

Ramesh Muktha says:

4 days for UK ...how abt kuwait

Ruby Plumer says:

I'm not sure I've ever heard a song that had zero rhymes in it before.

Feroz says:

e2€œI wanted to write you this lltite bit of note to finally thank you more than once more on your stunning ideas you've documented in this case. This really is generous of people like you to give freely all that most of us might have made available as an ebook to make some cash for their own end, principally since you could have tried it in case you decided. These strategies also worked as the fantastic approach to realize that a lot of people have similar keenness related to my quite own to grasp way much more on the subject of this problem. I believe there are numerous much more enjoyable instances up front for folks who have a look at your internet site.e2€9d

DVD players says:

I am not certain where you are getting your info, but great topic. I must spend a while finding out more or figuring out more. Thanks for fantastic information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.