Google Voice updated for iPhone 5, iOS 6. Still ugly.

Google Voice updated for iPhone 5, iOS 6. Still ugly.

Google Voice has just been updated to support iOS 6 and the iPhone 5's 16:9 screen -- which, hey, is faster than Apple's Keynote remote app, right? -- and to fix some bugs.

Not fixed is the interface, which is still in Google's horrific, old-school design style. Which actually goes to show how much work and how greatly improved apps like Google+ and Gmail have received. Google is pushing their new "beautiful" design aesthetic on the web, in Android, and in iOS. Google Voice has to get some love at some point.

Then again, we don't hear much about Google Voice on iOS anymore... anyone still using it?

Apple's outsourcing of social continues: iTunes gifts now available in Facebook

Debug 2: Paul Haddad of Tapbots

skylite22 says:

I still use it to receive business voicemails. I've never really had an issue with the app but it's nice to get the full screen now on the 5

Ozy says:

I also use it, more than ever. I use it for business vm's, and any time I need to give a phone # for any reason other than personal.

Let's remember what an incredibly great deal GV is.

I also have an OBI100 at home with an old landline. One-time cost, no monthly fee, frees my iphone for other uses, couldn't be sweeter.

But the post headline is so true, the app is interface is indeed bufugly. C'mon Google!

Ozy says:

by the way, Renee, LastPass will not auto-complete login at MobileNations -- one of the few sites (in my experience) that this happens...

eprisencc says:

Still using it. The app has not had a major overhaul in ages. The web site has not been changed much either but the service itself is very useful. There is a lot of value in a portable phone number and not have to rely on your carrier to receive texts or calls.

RC46 says:

I still use it but not as much as I did when I was still with Sprint. Being able to use your sprint number with Google voice is truly a great service and any Sprint customers who are not taking advantage of that are missing out. I wish that Verizon would offer the same integration but then again, why would they?

iFan2012 says:

I think it looks great comparing with the previous

kevin.slawinski says:

The "'beautiful' design aesthetic" is called Holo, just so you know.

N0M0reUsernames says:

I still use Google Voice. Its a great for voicemail and I use it as a primary number for my work, utilities and anyone else that I dont want to have my actual cell number. I just wish it had the integration that android has but its no big deal.

IcantCanything says:

i use google voice all the time to text none iphone users. since i cut the messaging plan from my bill to save money.

Keith Kenworthy says:

I use it. Great for Voicemail and to keep my real number private.

Dionte says:

I use it been hoping for an iPad version and the ability to make VoIP calls.

squire says:

Talkatone allows you to use your iPad with your Google Voice number.

squire says:

I use my google voice to sell things on craigs list. I think every single women should use google voice when dating. A guy turns out to be a creep, and they can block him with ease.

yanks19 says:

Google voice is a great tool. unfortunately, it's really only good for voicemail and incoming calls on the iPhone but i would still rather use that than the carrier's version of vm... I really like the phone gv extension for jailbroken phones but on stock iOS, i don't use gv for outgoing at all really.

dilipbane says:

i pad gives you good quality resolution
ipad users can visit this website for international sim card
www.ipre.in