Gong Xi Fa Cai, Gong Hey Faat Choi, 恭禧發財! Happy year of the water snake! I spent most of my early twenties surrounded by Chinese culture, and spent many a Chinese New Year in China Town (or China block as it's probably better referred to in Montreal), on stage, taking part in the festivities and demonstrations. I even got to spend one in Hong Kong and Guangzhou. The people, the food, the fireworks, and lion dancing, all if it holds a special place in my heart and my memories.
This year I'm going to get some Dim Sum, give out some red envelopes (hey, the new iPod nano fits perfectly in those!), and pay lots of respect to those who came before and have taught and given me so much. Then I'll probably watch a bunch of martial hero movies and blog the day away. Meanwhile...
- We're still not done with the Macworld|iWorld 2013 videos. Martin has edited and sent them all my way, and I'm uploading the last of the now. We'll get them all posted up by the end of the week. I don't want to flood the site with endless videos, so we'll stick to 2 a day so each gets the attention the app or accessory deserves.
- Now that CES 2013 and Macworld|iWorld 2013 are behind me, I'm looking forward to GDC 2013 at the end of March. If you're a game developer and you're going to be there, let me know.
- We might have something special before GDC as well. No spoilers. Stay tuned.
- I'm looking at moving the iMore show back to Wednesday nights. I left it on Sunday because it seemed like, after talking for 2 hours about Apple stuff on MacBreak Weekly every Tuesday, Wednesday was too soon. If it does move back, though, we'll change up the format a bit. Let me know what you prefer.
- Speaking of podcasts, we have Grant Paul (chpwn) coming up on this week's Debug, and a very special round-table on the future of Apple design, and skeuomorphism vs. digital authenticity on Iterate. We're also starting to put together the next Ad Hoc, and it's looking to have a very dark, very knighted forecast.
- Jailbreak is back, baby! After almost a year of inactivity, and concerns that the days of jailbreak might be over, the evasi0n team delivered, and a huge percentage of you took the plunge. If you're one of the newly jailbroken, how are you liking it?
- Fitness Month week 1 is now over, but thanks to it a lot of us are re-focused on our exercise regime. I did 90 minutes of Muay Thai yesterday followed by some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and I'm reminded again how fickle cardio is. No matter how hard you work on it, the minute you stop paying attention, it leaves you. Only thing to do about is to keep doing.
- Week 2 starts tomorrow, and it'll be all about nutrition. We'll have some more contests for you to enter, and lot more app and accessory reviews for you to enjoy. And, of course, a ton of forum threads for you to take part in. Eating clean may be harder than getting back into exercise, but let's bring it on!
Once again, to everyone who celebrates it, happy year of the water snake. If you have any great new year apps to recommend, please leave them in the comments! To everyone else, happy Sunday!