Spring 2013 iOS and OS X conference schedule

Spring 2013 iOS and OS X conference schedule

The spring iOS and OS X developer and designer conference season is in full swing and this year more than ever the schedule looks jam packed with events and talent.

NSConf has already wrapped up in Leicester, England, where it sounds like a good time was had by all. Run by Steve Scott, and with presenters like Evan Doll, Michael Jurewitz, Craig Hockenberry, Daniel Jalkut, Daniel Pasco, Manton Reece, Rob Rhyne, and Emily Loop, that was never in any doubt. Hopefully the sessions will be available soon.

If you missed it though, there are several more coming our way soon.

CocoaConf Dallas - April 4-6, Dallas, USA - features Daniel Pasco, Manton Reece, and more.

Úll - April 12-18, Dublin, Ireland - is run by Paul Campbell of Hypertiny and Dermot Daly of Tapadoo. This year's slate of speakers includes Lex Friedman, Don Melton, Jennifer Brook, Matthew Panzarino, Jaimee Newberry, Matt Gemmel, and panels with Dave Wiskus, Neven Mrgan and Jim Dalrymple.

CocoaConf San Jose - April 18-29, San Jose, USA - features Michael Jurewitz, Matt Drance, Michael Simmons, and more.

NSNorth - April 19-21, Ottawa, Canada - is being held by Dan Byers and Philippe Casgrain. Speakers lined up include Guy English, Luc Vandal, Sam Vermette, Rob Rhyne, Gus Mueller, Caroline Sauve, and more.

UIKonf - May 2, Berlin, Germany - is run by Chris Eidhof, Matt Patterson, and Peter Bihr. Speakers include Chris Heathcote, James Weiner, Louisa Heinrich, and more.

One more thing - May 24, Melbourne, Australia - is put on by Anthony Agius and Lauren Watson of MacTalk. Speakers include Lex Friedman, Jaimee Newberry, Dave Wiskus, Louise Duncan, and many more.

And, of course, Apple should be capping it all off in June with WWDC 2013...

All of the events have lots of valuable information to share and many of them still have tickets available. So, head on over and grab yours now.

(If I missed listing your event let me know ASAP and I'll add it in.)

How to disable lock screen notifications for specific Passbook cards

Third Eye Crime - a unique mix of pathfinding gameplay and film noir

Scratic says:

This is one of those things that I need to "just start." I've had it in my head that I would develop an app, but have never committed to actually doing it.

BrianTufo says:

Are you going to any of these Rene?

Rene Ritchie says:

I bought a ticket for NSNorth and plan to go.
Unfortunately, time and money are limited... and some night have restraining orders out... ;)

shinuyuki says:

I never knew there was multiple ios events. I simply thought the only one was mainly at WWDC (or if this isn't it, the one at iPhone launch). Personally, I wish I could go, but money constraints have me limited. Rene, I hope you come back with valuable intel, maybe some sneak peeks at iOS7?

asuperstarr says:

That would be cool. I can't wait to see what iOS 7 offers!

asuperstarr says:

Wow! It's getting ready to start gearing up with some great new things in the second quarter. I'm pretty excited.

drnggaj13 says:

lets see how that new ios7 gonna be like needs to improvement ;)

samsin92 says:

Looking forward to the iOS 7. It needs something new, lets see what Q2 brings.

AdrianGabeChen says:

I'm very excited for wwdc. hopefully something revolutionary comes out

Enzo83 says:

I must say.....it's reallllly boring without any Apple news and new products. But here I still sit and wait and hope that some juicy info comes out about iOS 7 and the new iPhone---and I mean legit info lol. Always exciting to see where they take things, if they heard tech sites such as this. I'm surprised Apple hasn't done much appreciating things that you, Rene & staff, do to help promote their products with reviews and keep people on their toes. After all, you guys are another way of free promotion for them. Have they ever acknowledged iMore or any of your thoughts and incorporated it into their products? Would be nice if a company actually heard their people and not just what they think is best (see blackberry haha). I can understand there are certain measures and requirements and laws and patents, ha, to meet, but little things also count, such as your previous article about texture skins and themes and how they should do something to make it all come together, elegantly. Rene, when you guys do go to these meetings and events, do you guys have a specific place on the iMore site about any even you guys go to that we can click onto such as a tab called Apple Events or just Events with the dates and with lots of pictures and what they are about etc.? Sometimes when the tech world is slow we would like to check out stuff like that. I mean, I KNOW you are very busy (and $ is limited, what are they paying you for all this work you do?!?! grrr lol), but maybe let the new hire help out? Teehee.

I knew I had a reason to hate Jan, Feb & March for the winter-boring months (I don't like winter lol), so now, let's get it on baby!

CORYK333 says:

Judging by the amount of lols, ha's, and even a "teehee" (teehee??....c'mon b) in there.....I get the impression you're quite amused by yourself.

Enzo83 says:

Annnnnnd you just ruined my life with your obnoxiously jealous hate on me. Teehee. Move on L. BGR accepts your comments. Ha.

dlarocca says:

If iOS 7 isn't a complete redesign, I'm fine with that. But when iOS 8 comes I'll be getting a new phone, and if Apple hasn't made any great big improvements then I'll probably be switching Android, so I hope they really improve iOS.

ame says:

Wow I had NO idea how many various conferences there were.

invalidname says:

And that's looking past the conferences that have already been held this year, like Renaissance ( http://renaissance.io ) and 360iDev mini ( http://360idev.com/360min ). Good place to keep up is Lanyrd's iOS topic, at http://lanyrd.com/topics/ios/

wHoKares says:

Didn't know there were various conferences.. Since I normally read the live blogs anyways I'll probably be hearing more from WWDC. Can't wait to see if any new features will be added to ios7. I am sure I am not alone. Apple has a lot riding on its OS. Especially the need to change or at least a restructuring of certain parts in the OS. We shall see what is to come soon.

zdn1042 says:

Can't wait to hear what Apple has for us!

Dredd67 says:

Come on, we all know the only conferences we are waiting for have not been announced yet ;)

R1cki97 says:

Well let's see what apple have for us

JXChain says:

What I find interesting is that we still don't see any signs of osx 10.9..
Perhaps there are major changes in both iOS and OSX and they are waiting for WWDC to announce them.

wscotchmer says:

I'm itching to hear some concrete news about what iOS 7 is going to be like.