Whether you purchased something by mistake, got double billed, or feel like you didn't get what you paid for, if there ever comes a time when you need to ask for a refund from iTunes or the App Store, here's how to do it!
How to get a refund from iTunes or the App Store
- Launch iTunes on either your Mac or PC.
- Click on your name at the top and in the dropdown select Account Info.
- Type in your password when prompted in order to proceed.
- Click on See All under your Purchase History.
- Click on the arrow next to the purchase batch that contains the purchase you'd like a refund for.
- Click on Report a Problem next to the single purchase you'd like a refund for, unless there is only one, then you may use the large Report a Problem button.
- You will be routed to Apple's website. Just follow the steps after signing in and request the Refund option and explain why.
iTunes typically won't refund purchases that are over 90 days old. Once you've made your request, you'll get a confirmation email. Valid refund requests are typically processed within a day or two.
Note: Originally published, July 2013. Updated, November 2014.