Magellan recently announced they are releasing a GPS car kit of their own and it already has hit the FCC. Like the much anticipated TomTom car kit, the Magellan will give the iPod touch and first generation iPhone GPS capabilities as long as you are using the Magellan GPS application. [iTunes Link] This particular car kit is crammed with some nice features:
- Fully adjustable mount that works with any skin or case
- Rotates for both portrait and landscape use
- Enhances signal with built-in GPS receiver
- Noise-canceling speakerphone
- Bluetooth hands-free calling
- Amplified speaker for clear, powerful sound
- Works with any GPS application (Unless you are using a iPod touch or first generation iPhone - you then must use the Magellan application)
Currently no price has been announced but you can expect the Magellan car kit to hit stores before the end of the year. Those of you in the market for a GPS car kit now have one more option available to you. Decisions decisions...
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
On Apple and the FBI regarding privacy, from San Bernardino to Pensacola
We compare two of the most high-profile Apple news stories in recent memory.
Apple and Google accused of using market dominance to cripple competition
Sonos, Tile, Basecamp and PopSockets have all testified to a House antitrust committee, stating that big tech firms like Amazon, Apple and Google used their market dominance and bullying business tactics to crush competition.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
Which car seat holder should you buy for the Nintendo Switch?
Whatever your Nintendo Switch related car seat holder and mounts questions are, we've got you covered.