Pokémon Go wants to keep going and that means following up on its first three events with its first promotions. What kind of promotions? Sprint, Boost, and Radio Shack stores are becoming PokéStops or Gyms, and so are Starbucks in the U.S.!
What's the deal with Sprint?
From Pokémon Go:
There will also be an exclusive Pokémon GO Frappuccino...
Pokémon GO Frappuccino? Is it made from Razz Barries?!
Close! It's based on a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with raspberry syrup blended with freeze dried, whole blackberries and topped with whipped cream.
Sugary enough that you'll be seeing Stardust!
Will this be international or U.S.-only?
So far, yes. Sadness.
So, way more PokéStops and Gyms? And in warm places?
Way, way more. And for anyone who lives in a place where winter means cold temperatures, snow, and ice, going into a store, especially a Starbucks, will be welcome respite.
- Best way to win battles and conquer gyms in Pokémon Go
- How to play Pokémon Go In winter without freezing
What should I do now?
Save your items! If Gen 2 is coming next week or soon thereafter, you'll want plenty of balls to catch them, Stardust to power them, and candy to evolve them!
Also, your Lures, so you can drop them while sipping your Starbux and bring the Pokémon to you!
What candy should I save?
- Zubat, so you can evolve Golbat into Crobat
- Onix, so you can evolve into Steelix
- Scyther, so you can evolve into Scizor
- Horsea, so you can evolve Seadra into Kingdra.
- Porygon, so you can evolve into Porygon2
- Chansey, so you can evolve into Blissey
- Oddish, so you can evolve Gloom into Bellossom (split from Vile Plume)
- Poliwag, so you can evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed (split from Poliwrath)
- Slowpoke, so you can evolve into Slowking (split from Slowbro)
- Eevee, so you can evolve into Umbreon or Espeon (split from Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon)
There will also be some pre-evolutions you won't need candy for, but could help you get candy for the higher evolutions:
- Pichu, which can evolve into Pikachu
- Cleffa, which can evolve into Clafairy
- Igglybuff, which can evolve into Jigglypuff
- Tyrogue, which can evolve into Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, or the Gen 2 Hitmontop
- Smoochum, which can evolve into Jynx
- Elekid, which can evolve into Electabuzz
- Magby, which can evolve into Magmar
Anything else we need to know?
There'll likely be a Christmas/Holiday event of some sort, similar to the Halloween (double candy) and Thanksgiving (double XP and Stardust) events. Stay tuned for details!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.