Pokémon Go wants to keep going and that means following up on its first three events with its first promotions. What kind of promotions? Sprint, Boost, and Radio Shack stores are becoming PokéStops or Gyms, and so are Starbucks in the U.S.!
What's the deal with Sprint?
From Pokémon Go:
[We] are thrilled to announce that we are working with Sprint to create a special Pokémon GO experience at over 10,500 Sprint locations around the United States. As part of this collaboration, Sprint, Boost Mobile, and Sprint at RadioShack stores will become PokéStops and Gyms, giving you even more places to stock up on Poké Balls and Razz Berries and to battle your friends. Sprint locations will also feature in-store charging stations to keep your Pokémon GO sessions going even longer. Sprint also brings a great network and an unlimited data plan to support your search for Pokémon no matter where they are hiding.
People across the country have been playing Pokémon GO since its release and Starbucks customers and partners (employees) are among them. To join in with the fun and excitement, starting today (December 8) at 11 a.m. PST, approximately 7,800 Starbucks® stores in the U.S. will begin to turn into PokéStops or Gyms.
There will also be an exclusive Pokémon GO Frappuccino...
Pokémon GO Frappuccino? Is it made from Razz Barries?!
Close! It's based on a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with raspberry syrup blended with freeze dried, whole blackberries and topped with whipped cream.
Sugary enough that you'll be seeing Stardust!
Will this be international or U.S.-only?
So far, yes. Sadness.
So, way more PokéStops and Gyms? And in warm places?
Way, way more. And for anyone who lives in a place where winter means cold temperatures, snow, and ice, going into a store, especially a Starbucks, will be welcome respite.
- Best way to win battles and conquer gyms in Pokémon Go
- How to play Pokémon Go In winter without freezing
What should I do now?
Save your items! If Gen 2 is coming next week or soon thereafter, you'll want plenty of balls to catch them, Stardust to power them, and candy to evolve them!
Also, your Lures, so you can drop them while sipping your Starbux and bring the Pokémon to you!
What candy should I save?
- Zubat, so you can evolve Golbat into Crobat
- Onix, so you can evolve into Steelix
- Scyther, so you can evolve into Scizor
- Horsea, so you can evolve Seadra into Kingdra.
- Porygon, so you can evolve into Porygon2
- Chansey, so you can evolve into Blissey
- Oddish, so you can evolve Gloom into Bellossom (split from Vile Plume)
- Poliwag, so you can evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed (split from Poliwrath)
- Slowpoke, so you can evolve into Slowking (split from Slowbro)
- Eevee, so you can evolve into Umbreon or Espeon (split from Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon)
There will also be some pre-evolutions you won't need candy for, but could help you get candy for the higher evolutions:
- Pichu, which can evolve into Pikachu
- Cleffa, which can evolve into Clafairy
- Igglybuff, which can evolve into Jigglypuff
- Tyrogue, which can evolve into Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, or the Gen 2 Hitmontop
- Smoochum, which can evolve into Jynx
- Elekid, which can evolve into Electabuzz
- Magby, which can evolve into Magmar
Anything else we need to know?
There'll likely be a Christmas/Holiday event of some sort, similar to the Halloween (double candy) and Thanksgiving (double XP and Stardust) events. Stay tuned for details!
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Cyber Monday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
These screen protectors keep your Switch Lite in pristine condition
Your Switch Lite is going to travel with you everywhere, because it's a dedicated portable handheld console. Here are the best screen protectors to keep it looking as pristine as ever!