What you need to know
- Niantic hosts monthly Community Days in Pokémon GO, highlighting a specific Pokémon.
- September's Community Day event on September 19 features the water starter Pokémon, Oshawott.
- Players can encounter shiny variants of Oshawott and fully evolve it to get exclusive moves.
Every month, Pokémon GO players can look forward to Community Day, where a beloved Pokémon is featured. Usually it's a starter Pokémon, and September is no different, with Oshawott being the star of the show. Oshawott is a water-type Pokémon resembling an otter, who made its appearance for the first time in generation 5 — Pokémon Black and White, which took place in the Unova region.
If you're taking part in next month's Community Day, be sure to keep these things in mind:
- Oshawott is a featured Pokémon, and players may even encounter its shiny form.
- Rainy Lure Modules, which can be placed on PokéStops, can attract Oshawott during the event. Don't be afraid to use them!
- Spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts from friends can grant you Oshawott-themed stickers. You can also purchase these stickers in the shop.
- Oshawott has a three-evolution line — Oshawott, Dewott and Samurott. If you evolve a Dewott with enough candies during the event, the Samurott that results from this evolution will know an exclusive Charged Attack, Hydro Cannon!
- Using Charge TMs on a Samurott both during and after the event can teach it a new Charged Attack, Razor Shell.
- Take a snapshot with your Pokémon during the event — something cool might happen!
- A one-time-purchase Community Day Box will be available in the shop for 1,280 PokéCoins. The box features 50 Ultra balls, five Lucky Eggs, five Rainy Lure Modules, and one Elite Fast TM.
- For $1.00 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency), you can purchase a ticket for the Special Research story exclusive to the event — "From Schalops to Seamitars". You'll be able to earn a Rainy Lure Module as one of the awards, among others. These tickets are non-refundable and will not include an in-game medal.
The following bonuses will also be activated:
- 3X Catch XP
- Incense duration increased to three hours during the event
- Lure Modules' duration increased to three hours during the event
The September Community Day event takes place on September 19, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. Remember to be safe, follow local health guidelines, and make use of Pokémon GO accessories to make your experience even more enjoyable!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.