Trainers completed a total of eight Global Challenges during Pokémon Go Fest 2021 to gain access to Ultra Unlock Part One: Time. Pokémon from various eras will appear more often starting Friday, July 23 until Tuesday, August 3 and trainers will have their first chance to encounter Shiny Shieldon, Shiny Cranidos, and Shiny Dialga! Fortunately, we here at iMore have everything you need to know to get the most out of this event and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
What are Ultra Unlock Bonuses?
As is tradition with Pokémon GO Fest events, Ultra Unlock bonuses are rewards players can earn for everyone by completing Global Challenges. Throughout day one of Pokémon GO Fest 2021, Trainers had over 30 Global Challenges tied to the Rotating Habitats. Every eight challenges that were completed by players around the world earned one additional Ultra Unlock event week for a total of three events.
Ultra Unlock part one: Time
Ultra Unlock part one: Time is almost here! The event will run from Friday, July 23 through Tuesday, August 3, 2021. The event is mostly focused on fossil Pokémon. There will also be new Shiny Pokémon, including the Legendary mascot of Pokémon Diamond and the upcoming Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Dialga!
The following Pokémon will have increased spawns:
The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7KM Eggs:
The following Pokémon will be appearing in Raids:
- Unown U* (one star)
- Cranidos* (one star)
- Shieldon* (one star)
- Bronzor (one star)
- Klink* (one star)
- Magneton (three star)
- Aerodactyl* (three star)
- Porygon2 (three star)
- Golurk (three star)
- Dialga* (five star)
In the Today View, players will find a five page Timed Research line which will reward encounters with lots of Pokémon, as well as plenty of Poké Balls and Berries to catch them.
- Catch ten Pokémon for a Diglett* encounter
- Use five Berries to help catch Pokémon for a Drilbur encounter
- Catch five different species of Pokémon for five Nanab Berries
Completion Rewards: ten Poké Balls, three Ultra Balls, 483 XP
- Catch five Voltorb for a Magnemite* encounter
- Transfer seven Pokémon for seven Ultra Balls
- Send three Gifts to Friends for three Pinap Berries
Completion Rewards: five Great Balls, three Ultra Balls, 483 XP
- Catch ten Omanyte* or Kabuto* for an Aerodactyl* encounter
- Power up Pokémon five times for three Max Revives
- Earn five Hearts with your Buddy Pokémon for three Razz Berries
Completion Rewards: 15 Poké Balls, three Ultra Balls, 483 XP
- Catch seven Porygon* for an Upgrade
- Evolve a Pokémon for eight Ultra Balls
- Use ten Berries to help catch Pokémon for five Pinap Berries
Completion Rewards: ten Great Balls, three Ultra Balls, 483 XP
- Catch 15 Rock type Pokémon for an Onix* encounter
- Win a Raid for a Shieldon* encounter
- Power up Pokémon seven times for a Cranidos* encounter
Completion Rewards: 30 Poké Balls, three Ultra Balls, 2,000 Stardust
During the event, players can spin PokéStops and Gyms for the following event exclusive Field Research tasks:
- Catch three Pokémon with Weather Boost for two Pinap Berries
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy Pokémon for three Ultra Balls
- Hatch an Egg for a Shieldon* encounter
- Spin ten PokéStops or Gyms for ten PokéBalls
- Win a Raid for a Cranidos* encounter
Pokémon with the potential to be Shiny are indicated with an asterisk.
Questions about Ultra Unlock part one: Time?
Do you have any questions about Ultra Unlock part one: Time? Which Pokémon are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to check out our Complete Pokédex, as well as our in depth coverage of Pokémon Go Fest 2021 so you too can become a Pokémon Master!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.