What you need to know
- Pokémon from the Unova region, first seen in Pokémon Black and White, have started to appear in Pokémon Go.
- Some of the new Pokémon can be found in the wild, with others in Eggs or raids.
- Shiny forms of Lillipup and Patrat are available as well.
If you've caught pretty much every pocket monster offered in Pokémon Go and were just waiting for Niantic to add more of them to the game, good news: That day has arrived. As of 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET on Monday, Sept. 16, Pokémon from the Unova region are in the mix and waiting for you to add them to your collection.
If you're a longtime fan of the franchise, you probably recognize these new characters from Pokémon Black and White, which released on the Nintendo DS toward the beginning of the decade. They've also appeared in anime and the CCG, but regardless, you'll undoubtedly see some familiar faces among the newcomers.
As with previous releases, not all Unova Pokémon are being added to the game at once, but here's who to hunt down right off the bat and where to find them:
- Blitzle, Lillipup, Oshawott, Patrat, Pidove, Purrloin, Snivy, and Tepig are among the Unova Pokémon you'll find spawning in the wild. Activating the Adventure Sync: Nearby feature can help you spot them nearby.
- Lillipup, Patrat, Pidove, and Purrloin are hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Blitzle, Drilbur, Foongus, Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig can be hatched from 5 km Eggs.
- Deino, Ferroseed, Golett, Klink, and Litwick have been added to 10 km Eggs.
- Klink, Lillipup, and Patrat will also now appear in raids.
- Several Unova characters can be found regionally, including Pansage (Asia-Pacific), Pansear (Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India), Panpour (the Americas and Greenland), Heatmor (Western hemisphere) and Durant (no relation to Kevin, Eastern hemisphere).
To top it all off, you should also be on the lookout for Shiny versions of Lillipup and Patrat. Expect more Unova Pokémon to join the fun in the coming weeks, but this should keep you plenty busy for the time being. Happy hunting!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
You ain't seen nothing until you've seen these iPhones used as gate posts
The humble iPhone is great at doing all kinds of things. including being used as gate posts, apparently.
Tim Cook pens open 'Speaking up on racism' letter
Tim Cook has written an open letter titled 'Speaking up on racism.'
If Apple made an iPhone mini, this might be what it would look like
We're never short of iPhone concepts but this thing takes the biscuit. It's a sort of iPhone mini, but not. It's hard to explain, but it's awesome regardless.
These are the best ways to play retro games
While the NES Classic Edition is great for any nostalgia enthusiast, it's slate of 30 NES games aren't the only retro gaming solutions out there. Here are our favorite alternatives to the NES Classic Edition.