Rumor: iOS 5.0.2 around the corner to re-address battery issues, iOS 5.1 coming soon with Siri enhancements

Apple iOS 5

Coming as a surprise to no one -- we hope -- Macerkopf.de says Apple is working hard on iOS 5.0.2 and iOS 5.1 beyond that. iOS 5.0.2 should address battery life issues that remained following the iOS 5.0.1 release and it's initial batch of battery fixes. iOS 5.1, they say, will bring some new features to Siri, including the ability to take pictures and video, and toggle Bluetooth, Wi-Fi.

Here's to hoping for another beta release in the coming days, and a full release soon after!

Source: Macerkopf.de via; MacRumors

Jared DiPane

Jared is based in the US and writes for CrackBerry.com, Android Central, and TiPb. When not being a geek on his phone he loves to fish -- especially deep-sea fishing,

Updated Gmail app lands back in the App Store

Graphic novel CIA: Operation Ajax hits the iPad

RJ Salewicz II says:

again, I want to be able to ask for score updates for baseball :) or find the latest news

RJ Salewicz II says:

kch50428 says:
Source: Macerkopf.de

Source is not noted for a high degree of correctness regarding similar news in the past. Caveat emptor.

Luke Roberts says:

Nice,
But it would be great if somebody (at Apple) finally paid some attention to this WIFI connection bug:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3381610?start=0&tstart=0
Nearly 30,000 views but still no acknowlodgement from apple.

cardfan says:

User error most likely. No problems here.

Asdollah Mirza says:

mine works fine smoothly as well

Nick Gilbert says:

I hope they let Siri start apps!

Bob says:

I hope we will be able to finally talk dirty to Siri.

Canadianstarbuck says:

I most be part of the exceptions but so far I haven't seen anything wrong with my battery since I purchased my 4S
Ben

Bridget Null says:

Same here Ben, actually coming from Android, I have been well pleased with my Battery life!

Nick Gilbert says:

I initially had problems with the "set time zone" system function (like many others), but once I disabled that I can't say I've noticed any battery problems on my 4S. It's no worse than the 4 and lasts 3-4 days if I don't use it much. I don't get anywhere near apple's claimed 200 hours (8 days) though. But then I didn't with my iPhone 4 under iOS 4 either.

RahulMUFC says:

Hopefully they will make maps and buisness' to siri for uk and this update might actually address te battery issues

Justin says:

I too am having major issues, I'm going to the apple store this week to try and get a new phone or battery. Mine lasts 5 hours with Siri, location services and push notifications off. It gets way better battery life of wifi (near twice as long) on 3G especial low signal I can literally watch the bar drain. Evern if it is sitting in my desk doing nothing it drains.

Nee_m_d says:

Hope ios 5.01 will improve network reception which is weak on my iphone 4S compared to my 3GS. Also news about possible use of Siri to turn bluetooth on/off is great. Hope that happens :)

GeorgeDW says:

Weird, I get far better reception on my 4S than on 3GS.

Dannyfresh says:

The brand new antenna system is the reason !!

Concealdcarrier says:

You've had 5 Iphones? Sounds like by all the rukkus you put on trying to get yours to work, you would have learned enough to just EXCHANGE IT!

Jrswife99 says:

I think I am one of the minority. White iPhone 4s on the sprint network, bought in the 1st batch (pre-ordered) Battery life is excellent! I unplug my phone at around 8am and use it heavily throughout the day, phone calls, games, texting, FB, pictures, youtube etc and I don't recharge it until around 11pm on most days! Even at that time I still have 20 to 22% battery life!

Asdollah Mirza says:

nope, make that majority. ;)

GeorgeDW says:

Same here, way better battery life than my old 3GS, and about the same as my brother's 4.

modymalay says:

yep i get that kind of battery life too. i love it!

Asdollah Mirza says:

824 replies out of which there are others who have posted more than once, plus there are those who are discussing the issue without having one, Id say its about 400 people out of 5 million units sold. As I said before minority ;) get over to Apple Store and get a new one. As Concealdcarried said , you should know by now after 5 iphones how to get one that works if yours isnt working ;)

Carioca says:

There is something obviously wrong, or Apple would not have admitted the problem and be pushing updates out of the door like crazy.
But hey, to the cultists the fault is always the users, so stop holding it wrong and hope for the updates.

Jessica Ramos Edholm says:

sweet! Dying for the siri controllable bt and wifi!

Jessica Ramos Edholm says:

I'm not having any noticeable battery problems anymore. Although I have never had my mail pushed for battery reasons. Not even when I was a windows mobile user.

Asdollah Mirza says:

Id push your mail for you anytime ! :) lol

Jessica Ramos Edholm says:

iVeg says:

Running iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 & surprisingly my battery is lasting longer than it did under 4.3.5.
Koolness!

iVeg says:

Koolness!

audicy says:

How about finishing Siri for CANADA!? like maps based tasks. That would be nice.

Dasumrall says:

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues since 5.0? It keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting with my car radio during phone calls.

Glen Sansone says:

You want to watch REAL battery drain? Get a Droid. I've noticed a little more battery drain, but nothing to get crazy about. Or perhaps you can get a Juicepak?

Jaysaint4ya says:

I have had better battery life on my 4S since the 5.0.1 update. I will also admit that my iPhone 4 battery did last longer but nothing two crazy. For the faster processor, better camera and Siri I don't mind the difference in battery. Btw apple will never be down working on improving their software when working with new hardware. People make a bigger deal about it because of how big apple is

Dasumrall says:

Anyone else having bluetooth issues? Since 5.0 the connection to my car radio cuts in and out during calls; very irritating. It has improved slightly since 5.0.1 but still spotty. On ios 4 it worked great.

Michael Doran says:

I have noticed a significant decrease in battery performance since the last update. My phone can't even make it through the day now with minimal use. Horrible.

nelz16 says:

agreed. My phone ran great, I could go up to 36hrs without a charge. Now, less usage, maybe 10 hours... Not impressed. I'm considering downgrading to 5.0 if this isn't resolved soon.

Joej says:

don't forget about the crazy wifi problems. i sure hope this next update makes it better, not worsehttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/3381610?start=0&tstart=0

Fvelardo says:

It's NOT user. It's the OS. This guy is right. Don't be stupid people. Come on.

Indepboy92 says:

seems like ur done was jailbroken, sorry!