How to gift App Store apps straight from your iPhone and iPad
We've already taken a look at how to gift apps from iTunes but what about directly from your iPhone or iPad? It appears that Apple has returned the functionality that was previously missing in iOS 6. This once again makes it easy to send app gifts to your family and friends. If you're not sure how, follow along and we'll show you how.
- Launch the App Store app from the Home screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Search for the app that you'd like to gift to someone and tap on it.
- Tap on the share button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on the Gift option.
- Fill out all the information in the from, to, and subject fields.
- Scroll down and make sure you've specified whether you'd like to send your gift today or another date.
- Tap the Next button in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose a theme for your gifted app. Tap Next in the upper right hand corner after you've selected one.
- Confirm that your purchase looks correct and then tap the Buy Gift button in the upper right hand corner.
- That's it. Just tap the Done button in the upper right hand corner. The recipient will receive the gift either instantly or on the date that you've specified!