iMore for iPhone app 2.0.1 bug fixes!

iMore for iPhone app 2.0.1 bug fixes!

Apple has just approved version 2.0.1 of the official iMore for iPhone app, and it's scintillating new features include... bug fixes and performance enhancements! We know some of you had trouble with sending in tips and posting comments, and both of those issues should now be fixed! Thanks for the patience!

We're already planning 2.5 and 3.0, so if you have any additional bugs to report, or features to request, head on over to the iMore forum thread and let your voice be heard.

If you're already using the iMore app, get the update now from the App Store. If you haven't tried it yet, download it now. (And then hurry up and enter our big iPhone giveaway contest!)

Feedly for iPhone and iPad review

Facebook app updated so you can set your cover photo on the go!

sonar_chris says:

I don't see a version 2.0.1 available yet.

Rene Ritchie says:

Might take a while to propagate through the App Store. :(

shinuyuki says:

Did push notifications and ability to watch live podcasts come thru this patch? #hope

Rene Ritchie says:

No, that's a 2.5 or 3.0 feature. We'll need to do them right, and that takes time. :)

shinuyuki says:

Good! I'm glad the features WILL come. Especially the native podcasts.

SciTeach3 says:

Rene,

After having your own app developed and put through the Apple gauntlet, have you found it a frustrating process or pretty painless?

BigLan says:

I'm really loving the idea of reading either in landscape or portrait mode.

nat750 says:

Hopefully sort the comments issue out because I've always got something to say.

rdstryr says:

The new app is awesome, I haven't updated to 2.0.1 yet but I didn't have any problems with 2.0.

Premium1 says:

Are they going to make an imore app for ipad

chrishull says:

I'd love to see this too. I don't mind the way the iPhone version looks but I know it could be much better.

saichick04 says:

I was just about to ask the same thing! iMore is my one stop shop for any questions/problems I have w my apple devices. :) I like to view it on my iPad. But my computer and phone will do for now!

NAMISH says:

"We know some of you had trouble with sending in tips and posting comments, and both of those issues should now be fixed! Thanks for the patience!"

Kewl! yep, encountered issue with posting on iMore a few times through the App...Checking for updates.

asuperstarr says:

That's cool. Because every time I open the app in landscape it freezes.

dennisuci says:

Can't wait to get the new version and win an iPhone too!

draztikrhymez says:

Although works great with retina pad I can't wait for a native iPad version

Vanti says:

I hope that comments that are made on the site will now be pushed faster to the app and vice versa. I saw somewhat of a lag time and i was wondering was that because of the servers or was a software patch needed?

Also thanks again for adding the ability to comment and staying permanently logged in ,i love not having to visit the mobile site.

Rene Ritchie says:

Weird, it's an API call, but we'll check into it!

angermeans says:

I've been really impressed with iMore 2.0. It has been a great update. I used to just pull up iMore.com in safari but more and more I'm back to using this great application. Keep up the great work guys (and gals)

Jaguarr40 says:

Just downloaded the newest update and everything seems to be working as advertised. Thank you for listening to everyone and coming out with bug fixes so fast. Great app.

Jaguarr40 says:

I forgot to ask when the font will be fixed to be able to set and stay constant from one article to another?

Rene Ritchie says:

It's on the roadmap for the next non-bug fix version. We'll be creating a settings section, so it'll be a little bit of work.

RagedUSMC says:

Still no 2.0.1 update in App Store

RagedUSMC says:

Funny I comment about it and poof its then available lol

metllicamilitia says:

Finally came out for me, I'll let you know if I have any more issues.

wscotchmer says:

Any plans for an iPad version?

Rene Ritchie says:

Maybe at some point. We want to nail the iPhone version and we still have a ways to go.

vianar says:

Update available for me and seems to be working well. Have not noticed much yet but will keep an eye out for any issues. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

nat750 says:

Got the update. Fingers crossed.

jamesbemery says:

Got the update. The bug fixes seem to be working now. Thanks!

dcb2891 says:

Best feature I love with the most recent update is being able to read and type in landscape mode. Thanks so much imore for a great app!

counterculture says:

Thanks for the update and for acknowledging our complaints/issues with the app. Great work and it works seamless! Can't wait for 2.5 and 3.0!

counterculture says:

Also, I would LOVE to see notifications of new posts on the app and maybe even when someone comments on your post, etc. it would be awesome!

chrishull says:

Thanks! I've been really enjoying the app. All the work and improvements are much appreciated!

ridiculocity says:

Yay comments working now. Great update!!!

Enzo83 says:

I can't even post anything on the website on this post because since Saturday it's been hit or miss about when I post a comment on stories. For instance I wanted to post something on Rene's apple adds new web page article on Saturday and yesterday's Jeremy's community spotlight and just now on this very own imore updates app because of posting issues. But I am having posting issues from my computer. They are hit or miss. I wrote to you guys under "send us a story" because I don't know how to write to individuals. What's going on? If this goes through then it means I posted from imore 2.0.1 app. Since I couldn't post comment from my PC.

Enzo83 says:

LoL Noooo...See right now at this moment, I am typing from my PC. My original comment that I wanted to post here said "Posting Error". I have taken screen shots and attached it to the Send Us News email last night. The issue still seems to be happening from time to time. When I had posted this comment, in which you replied to, I had stated that I was typing it on the iMore 2.0.1 app and not PC, because when I did try that, it said "Posting Error" in red font with the red circle x. It's not like they are lonnnng comments either. I have seen lonnnnnng comments go through, so I am not sure why it's happening. And when I do post from my PC, it's hit or miss, some comments go through on some Stories and some don't. There are 3 places I haven't been able to post a comment from PC....this story, Jeremy's, and one of yours. What I meant by website, was from PC website, not the iMore app comments. Sheesh, I hope this makes sense. lol. Not sure if anyone else has been having "Posting Error" issues....Kind of a downer when my comments don't get posted. Am I being spanked for some odd reason? lol.

Disturbed_Angel says:

Glad to hear the comment issue was fixed.

ernbrdn says:

Great update. Now if only the threading was fixed it'd be perfect.

Rene Ritchie says:

If you haven't already, can you leave a comment in the bug report thread, maybe with a screenshot? The more precise we can be with the developers, the better!

leocapot says:

Thank you because before I couldn't comment using the app on the iPhone 5.

ademiroglu says:

My hope is that you guys will roll out an iPad edition for iMore in 2.5 or 3.0 instead of JUST an iMore Forums app... Please!

Vanti says:

Will there also be any word on when or if the comments will resemble the site. In the sense that when someone replies to your comment you will be able to see and indentation? And blue background for the mods and staff?? :0

Rene Ritchie says:

I'm not sure the iPhone screen is wide enough for indented threading.

PassOutPete says:

Granted that I've only been using this app for about a week now, I had yet to come across any problems. Everything just seemed to work seamlessly. But thanks for looking out iMore!!!

asuperstarr says:

Hopefully it fixes the app freezing when you open in landscape on the iPad.

lbaxter says:

Saw this posted before I left work. Finally made it home to the good ol' wifi and got the notification. Thanks!

pr1nce says:

Just got the update. It works good.

BrianTufo says:

Haven't seen issues on my end but never complain about an update...well unless it breaks stuff lol.

Simon Bartlett says:

Hi. Great app. The only bug I've found is the rotation to landscape and back seem quite slow. Other than that, perfect.

Simon Bartlett says:

It's seems to only be slow on the comments section when there are lots of comments. An edit comment option maybe helpful. :-)

tnahumck says:

Not sure if I am missing something or if it hasn't yet been incorporated, but having controls similar to other podcast apps would be nice. There are times that I listen to a podcast and I want to go back and re-listen to a specific part. Would be a helpful addition!

samsin92 says:

I noticed I can finally post comments in the app. Thanks iMore!

ren says:

Yeah!!!! I can post now

GlennRuss says:

One day, hopefully not too far away, there will be an iMore app on all Apple devices that have a screen. I would love to see the iPad, and even a MacbookPro iMore app. Yes I can bookmark it on the Pro, but an app would be nice. You could be the first decent news app on the Pro, because is is lacking in that department.

duoFurious says:

Seems snappier on 3GS and loads quicker. But awesome. Glad to see it coming so quickly.

m_thoroughbred says:

This app is the best device news app around. I'm glad I found it. I learned about it when I was searching for news about Apple on a google search. I don't even go to the browser anymore. The layout is really nice I have deleted all the other apps like iclarified and tuaw along with Engadget. This has become the only app I go for news all the others I use the browser.