iPhone & iPad Live 296: iOS 6 and Apple TV apps speculation
Rene, Seth, and App Cubby's David Barnard start previewing WWDC 2012 and end up doing an deep dive in iOS 6 and how Apple could address app switching, inter-app communications, the Home screen, gestures, contact and social profiles, and more. And then talk Apple TV apps. This is iPhone & iPad Live!
- How to take irresistible photos of your pets with your iPhone
- Diet Coda vs. Gusto vs. Textastic: Code editor for iPad app shootout!
- Best cases for iPhone
iOS 6 speculation
- Apple releases WWDC 2012 schedule, Keynote set for Monday, June 11, 10am PDT
- Apple rumored to show off iTV operating system at WWDC
- New iOS 6 Maps app reportedly caught on blurry cropped cam, mocked-up
- iOS 6: Is it time for Apple to revamp the multitasking fast app switcher?
- The 16:9 iPhone
- How Apple could provide direct document access in iOS 6
- iOS 6 and the opposite of widgets
- Is it time for Apple to revamp the Home screen?
- The challenge of bringing Siri to the iPad
- iOS 6 and privacy: How Apple should draw inspiration from Android for better app
- Seth Clifford (@sethclifford)
- David Barnard (@drbarnard)
- Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie)
You can reach all of us on Twitter @iMore, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment on the website when the show goes live.
We're live every Wednesday night at 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern, 2am GMT at www.imore.com/live
For all our podcasts -- audio and video -- including iPhone and iPad Live, ZEN and TECH, Iterate, and more, see MobileNations.com/shows
If you haven't already please subscribe to all our shows in iTunes and leave a rating. It helps people find the show and means a lot to us!
Thanks to the iMore Accessory Store for sponsoring the podcast, and to everyone who showed up for the live chat!
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.