iPhone Live 135: Unlimited
Rene, Georgia, and Seth discuss Verizon vs. AT&T, brand power, the white iPhone 4, iPhone 5 rumors, iOS 4.3 hits and misses, state of the Jailbreak, and your questions answered! This is iPhone Live!
Show notes and the week in iPhone after the break!
- Reminder: Verizon iPhone give away!
- TiPb mega #FollowFriday give away contest: This week’s winner and next prize!
Verizon vs. AT&T
- Verizon confirms $30 unlimited iPhone data plan — for now
- Verizon: iPhone Wi-Fi personal hotspot pricing set at $20, adds 2GB of extra data
- Apple posts Verizon upgrade eligibility, plans… then removes them AT&T secretly offering unlimited data to stop Verizon iPhone switchers?
- New Verizon iPhone TV Ad
- Apple airs joint AT&T and Verizon iPhone commercial -Waltz
- Brand power — or was iPhone’s competition Android or no-iPhone?
- Google “not happy” with paid app sales, will make Market more like Apple App Store?
- Deutsche Bank “no going back to BlackBerry” after iPhone, iPad trial
- Apple using new painting process to finally ship white iPhone?
- White iPhone 4 makes an appearance on Three, Orange UK, AT&T
- iPad 2, iPhone 5 to include NFC, Apple to become massive money machine?
- More hints Apple is going with Qualcomm GSM/CDMA chipset for iPad 2, iPhone 5?
- Apple already approving apps with iOS 4.3 specific features
- iOS 4.3 features: personal hotspot on iPhone 3GS
- iOS 4.3 features: New wait button when adding contact phone numbers
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak for iPhone, iPad shown off on video
- Cydia updates theme browsing and Theme It is launched [Jailbreak]
Tips and How to
Thanks to the TiPb iPhone accessory store for sponsoring the podcast, and to everyone who showed up for the live chat!
Our music comes from the following sources:
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.
By Daryl Baxter