iPhone Live 143: Mic envy
Rene, Georgia, and Mickey Papillon, the Cell Phone Junkie, discuss more iPhone 5 rumors, iOS 4.3.1 bug fixes, the AT&T T-Mobile buyout and what it means for iPhone, when will we get LTE, AT&T's war on Jailbreak tethering, lawsuits, Google, #dickbar, and more! This is iPhone Live!
Show notes and all the week's iPhone news after the break!
- White Diamonds artistic crystal cases for iPhone and iPad [Give away]
- iPhone 5 NFC: Yes, no, maybe so?!
- More iPhone 5 metal back, 4-inch screen, NFC rumors
- iOS 4.3.1 coming within 2 weeks?
- UPDATED: AT&T acquiring T-Mobile US, what does it mean for iPhone?
- AT&T to use T-Mobile spectrum for LTE
- UPDATED: AT&T cracking down on jailbroken MyWi users?
- More on AT&T’s war on Jailbreak tethering
- Second AT&T iPhone 4 commercial again shows off simultaneous voice and data
- Apple release three new “if you don’t have an iPhone…” ads
- Apple’s new iPhone ads should be called App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store
- Head of Mac OS X software, Bertrand Serlet is leaving Apple
- Apple to extend AirPlay video streaming licence to third parties?
- Microsoft announces remote device management… for iPhone and iPad?
- Apple sues Amazon over App Store trademark, Microsoft sues B&N over Android
- Sony Xperia Play videos get NSFW on iPhone!
- Google updates Latitude and Places apps, check-ins now included
- Controversy over the Apple approved ‘Anti-Gay app’
- Angry Birds Rio for iPhone, iPad released!
- TiPb Asks: What Twitter app are you using for your iPhone?
Thanks to the TiPb iPhone accessory store for sponsoring the podcast, and to everyone who showed up for the live chat!
Our music comes from the following sources:
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.