TiPb Presents: iPhone Live! #17 -- 3.1 Beta!
Dieter and Rene discuss the iPhone 3.1 Beta, the return of Steve Jobs (and Fake Steve), iPhone 3GS news, and questions from the live chat. Listen in!
Sponsored by the TiPb iPhone Store.
Check out the Case-Mate Fuel Case for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
iPhone 3.1 and OS News
- Speaking of charge cases, TiPb got the tip that some chargers were having trouble under 3.0, but that Apple knows about it and will be fixing it soon in 3.1...
- And lo and behold, they've already gone and released the iPhone 3.1 beta just in time for iPhone Live!
- New features include BT support for Voice Control, Save As for video editing, and more!
- As always, Jailbreakers are warned to avoid 3.1 until the Dev-Team gives the all-clear
- Don't expect an iPhone 3GS jailbreak/unlock any time soon though...
- 3.1 is also good news to users experiencing MobileMe account and random icon bugs
- Heeeeeee's Baaaaaack: Steve Jobs returns to Apple
- Heeeeeee's ALSO Baaaaaack: Fake Steve returns as well
- We get it, the iPhone 3GS is faster than fast fast
- Mobile YouTube Uploads Increasing 400% PER DAY Since iPhone 3GS Launch
- European Union: One Phone Charger Shall Rule them All -- And Apple's agreed?!
- iPhone 2G Turns Two Years Old!
- TiPb Has iPhone 3G 3.0 Jailbreak Guides for Mac OS X and Windows PC
From the Forums
- One of our favorite threads, started by SM12, has just been given new life by the iPhone 2G birthday -- what phone did you have before the iPhone?
- With iPhone 3.1 just around the corner, Ivoryplum wants to know what you'd like to see in the next iPhone OS update?
Thanks to the the iPhone Blog Store for sponsoring the podcast, and to everyone who showed up for the live chat!
Our music comes from the following sources:
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.