An Apple Store in Zurich, Switzerland was briefly evacuated after an iPhone battery overheated. A worker at the store was injured removing the battery from an iPhone, and smoke started building in the back of the store.
Zurich police noted that store staff acted correctly in sprinkling quartz sand over the battery. This allows the smoke to be contained and sucked out after the ventilation system was switched on. Police are still trying to determine what caused the incident.
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.