iOS 5.1 features: Delete individual photos from Photo Stream

iOS 5.1 features: Delete individual photos from Photo Stream

The just-released iOS 5.1 beta 2 adds a small but incredibly important feature to iCloud's Photo Stream -- the ability to delete individual photos.

Take a very personal photo only to find, horrifically, that it was suddenly part of your Apple TV's screen saver? Leave your iPhone unattended and suddenly you've been [junk-bombed]( on all your devices? No longer... at least if Apple is good enough to leave individual deletion from Photo Stream intact in the iOS 5.1 release version when it's made public.

Here's hoping.

iPad 3 on schedule for March/April 2012 release

iDoodle: Patent ban Risk

Basil Mahmud says:

Is there a way to download these betas if you aren't a developer? I really wanna try them out.

garylapointe says:

For $99 a year you can join to get the updates.
You'll be in the developer program, but it won't actually make you a developer....

Basil Mahmud says:

Apple has enough of my money, maybe after I get my Xmas bonus from work I'll think bout it lol Thanks for the info tho!

garylapointe says:

It'll probably be released by then...

Dryland says:

So I might be able to use photo stream after all :) I have a horrific story regarding photostream and apple TV... it immediately got turned off on all my devices.

andsoitgoes says:

I like to think that I'm thankful the ScarJo thing didn't happen when the new photostream went live.
Almost had a few "HOLY MOTHER OF TOENAILS" moments.

Matt says:

Why do you constantly relate this to taking NSFW pictures? Seems like a bizarre obsession.
The iPhone camera isn't exactly perfect - I take a lot of blurry pictures that I then re-take. It will be nice to keep the photo stream free of clutter between devices.

Redshirt says:

Probably because blurry photos in public don't get you in as much grief as NSFW pictures.

Matt says:

Seriously, how many people over the age of 23 take NSFW pictures of themselves with their phone? 3%?
If you're stupid enough to do that, when you know it could end up in front of millions of eyes, you deserve all of the grief you get.

Michael Scott Allen says:

Not to mention, unless your phone is in the dev database, your phone most likely won't activate.

Dumbledorf says:

I love how things that should have been released originally inherent with the service are now added later and ridiculously referred to as "features"! Apple's hubris is palpable... and laughable.

Matt says:

You can always create your own perfect phone operating system that always ships with every single feature that should be there from the start. I'll wait for it with bated breath.

andsoitgoes says:

Come off of it.
Apple doesn't always make intelligent decisions when it comes to their systems. More often than not, they do.
However, the photo stream idea must have been QC'd and tested by mentally damaged rats, because every other person on the planet is aware of the stupidity in "all or nothing" with regards to pictures. Seriously, even for poor quality/blurry pics alone not being able to delete is ridiculous.
Then let alone the other less appropriate applications.

Matt says:

Then I underestimated the number of teenage/immature/stupid people that read this blog.

andsoitgoes says:

You don't keep inappropriate pictures on your iOS devices, good for you.
Some people do, somtimes accidentally.
Take your prudish arrogance elsewhere please.

Matt says:

Uh oh, looks like I'm getting pulled over by the comment police.

dloveprod says:

That's tempting me to install the beta.

garylapointe says:

It's about time. I don't really need screen captures, items I took photos of at the store (to remember price/specs) or the 20 pictures I tried to take of fireworks synced with all my other computers...

andsoitgoes says:

Thank you!!! I was taking pics of Christmas ideas and it pretty much decimates the joy of the photostream

IPhone Troc says:

the callity on iPad 2 is very bad

Flintchesthair says:

Now all they have to do is allow me to leave an iMessage group chat, and fix that static when I'm on the phone, and the phone will be perfected.

ipod¦iphone¦imac¦ipad¦macbook¦apple says:

It's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

I am taking the Internet seriously now. I am retired and can says:

I do consider all the concepts you have offered to your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for novices. Could you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.