As of iOS 6, Siri has been able to help you find movie theaters and showtimes. With the iOS 6.1 update Siri can also help you purchase tickets to the movie of your choice with help from the Fandango app. All you have to do is have Fandango installed and then ask Siri to find tickets.
If you aren't sure how, follow along...
First, you must install the Fandango app on your iPhone or iPad in order for Siri to help you buy movie tickets. It's available for free in the App Store.
- Fandango - Free - Download Now
- Press and hold the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to activate Siri.
- Ask her something like "Find showtimes for Zero Dark Thirty." She will then pull up a list of showtimes.
- Siri may find the movie playing at multiple theaters with different showtimes. Simply tap on the theater that you'd like to go to.
- From here tap on the showing time you'd like to go to.
- Now tap on Buy Tickets.
- The Fandango app will now launch and you'll be able to complete your purchase through there.
- That's it. Your tickets will be purchased and you can either print them out or pick them up at the theater.