Mailbox for iPhone updated with smarter snooze options, faster swiping options, and more

Mailbox for iPhone just received an update that adds smarter snooze controls, faster swiping, and general UI improvements throughout Mailbox that should make the interface more fluid.

Smarter snooze controls within Mailbox are now available via the Settings panel of the app and allow you to adjust time and date settings for alarms tailored to your day. You can set when you wake up, when your day ends, and how much later you really want a later item to go off.

The update also includes the ability to swipe faster and as many items as you'd like at the same time. If you were experiencing a bug when using the swipe to open feature, that should also be taken care of in this update as well. If you've already installed the update, have you noticed anything else new?

Allyson Kazmucha

Editor for iMore, Potter pundit, and the ninja in your iOS

Dwellable for iPhone and iPad review: find rentals at all the top vacation spots in the US

Wonderful Saigon Electrics of Binh Duong hopefully not providing 12mp cameras for iPhone 5S

mousebrat2006 says:

I am loving the Mailbox app. It really is a better way to handle mail. So glad you guys did an article on it. I'm hooked and hoping they continue to put out some great updates.

Steve Doherty says:

All I need is iCloud support and it will be my perfect iOS e-mail app.

floydstyle says:

You are not alone in the same boat

eatbear says:

Hope they add outlook.com support. YouTube was also updated :)

wormeyman says:

-Yay! I have wanted to do two at a time for a while!

- I had this bug :(

samcleve01 says:

I must be dense: how is the brand new "faster swipes (swipe as many items at one time as you want)" differ from the bulk swipe that was already available? I can't find a way to pick multiple items to swipe, i.e., more than one but fewer than all.

wormeyman says:

@samcleve01

You can use up to 5 fingers at a time while you archive messages before you use the bulk swipe option to remind you later.

vianar says:

I guess since it was not mentioned as a feature that it is still limited to just Gmail. Interesting but need it to support more account types sadly gmail is not my primary email service or I would be all over this app.

T-Will says:

What is the "swipe to open" bug? I wasn't aware you could swipe to open an email.

Bradley Minnis says:

Wish you can add a contact to you iOS address book. Gmail app has this same issue.

NAMISH says:

Mailbox is the best in helping me organize my Gmail email accounts. lovin' it so far... Checking for the update now!

pinpoint007 says:

I really love this app too. I wish it didn't rely on their servers, but it works.

asuperstarr says:

It took so long to give me permission I deleted the add. I'm using tempo app for mail. Very nice app!