Little Red Riding Hood by Nosy Crow for iPhone and iPad review: Help Little Red Riding Hood fight off the Big Bad Wolf
Nosy Crow has released an interactive story book of their version of the Little Red Riding Hood featuring fully-animated illustrations multiple paths that let you take control of the story.
Little Red Riding Hood by Nosy Crow is the same story we all know and love, but instead the gruesome part where the Huntsman rescues Grandma and Red by cutting them out of Wolf's stomach, Little Red Riding Hood collects items on her way to Grandma's house and uses them to fend off the Wolf herself. And Grandma is simply locked in a wardrobe, unharmed. Much more appropriate for children!
One of the great features of Little Red Riding Hood is that you get to have control over some of the story. Three different times, Red encounters a fork in the rode and much choose which direction to go. The choice you make for her determines what you end up helping her collect along the way.
In my version, Little Red Riding hood picked flowers that she used to make the Wolf sneeze, scooped water into a jar that she threw in the Wolf's face, and rescued a spider that ultimately scared the Wolf away.
- Great graphics, animations, and artwork
- Very interactive
- Nine different games and activities embedded in the story
- Hundreds of interactive touch points
- Text highlighting to help young readers
- Universal for iPhone and iPad
- Not a fan of the little highlights that show you where to tap. I prefer kids discovering where to tap on their own.
- If you choose the spider path, you have to tilt the screen to help the spider through the web maze, but it doesn't work very well. After struggling for a bit, I was informed I could use my finger, so that's good.
The bottom line
I love this book. My daughter loves this book. If you have kids, Little Red Riding Hood by Nosy Crow is a keeper.
- $4.99 - Download now