What are you most looking forward to in OS X 10.9 Mavericks? [Poll]

iOS 7 wasn't the only star of the show at WWDC 2013, OS X 10.9 Mavericks was officially announced and released to developers the very same day. During the keynote we saw the numerous new features that would be coming to the new version of OS X, including some until now iOS exclusive apps in Apple Maps and iBooks, and a consumer friendly approach to password management with the new iCloud Keychain. But, we want to hear from you guys; what are you most looking forward to in OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

There's a lot to choose from too; improvements to Notification Center, Apple Maps and iBooks coming to the desktop, Finder tabs and tags, iCloud Keychain and the new version of Safari, multiple display support and so much more besides. So, we've narrowed down a few, with an option for something else entirely. We got some great feedback from you on iOS 7, so now it's time to take a look at OS X 10.9! Drop a vote up top and leave us your thoughts in the comments below!

Richard Devine

Senior Editor at iMore, part time racing driver, full time British guy

iOS 7 and a second coat of paint

Chatology: Blindingly fast search for Mac Messages that actually works!

Chetan Takyar says:

The battery life improvements.

Christopher Mandly says:

^^^

Agreed ... Maps is nice but the power saving and battery is more important ... Especially w/ my 15inch Retina

d0nk3y says:

2nd non-mirrored display via Airplay.

Eddster says:

Definitely the interactive notifications with the Quick Reply feature. I hope it makes its way to iOS too.

Obsidian71 says:

Everything. But i'm gonna use the HELL out of Tags.

clickr says:

I'm still on Lion b/c I don't want to give up the RSS feed in Mail, so that is what I would like to see return in Maverick, but I'm pretty sure this is wishful thinking. My Pro is from 2008 so I'm starting to wonder how much more I can update it. I've only got 62GB left on a 250GB drive & I'm starting to get the lovely rainbow pinwheel on a regular basis. Might actually be time to update -- hmm. . . Pro or Air??!? Oh, well. . .

Some Random Bloke says:

Do we know if Keychain in iCloud will be end-to-end encrypted - as in no backdoor for Apple?

samdchuck says:

From what I've seen the multiple screen setup is still not that great. You can now choose to have either all the screens move at once with terrible full screen functionality (as it is now) or the new one which requires you to move each screen one at a time but is functional with full screen but then also lacks the ability to span a window over multiple screens. So if you have your setup so that each 'space' has windows over the multiple screens you'll have to switch spaces for each screen to get to your setup.

I hope they work on that a bit more.

gbhhbg says:

What I want- SMB2 support, which Mavericks has. Since Snow Leopard I have not been able to scan from a copier on a network using SMB to my Mac since in Snow Leopard Apple implemented their own creation of SMB. It would not work with lots of copiers. Now they are backtracking and putting in Microsoft's SMB2, which does work.

Readers would be amazed at how many people at thousands of companies all of a sudden had copiers they could not scan from to their Macs, with the only workaround being FTP. Now it sounds like we can use SMB again once Mavericks comes out.

Fisherro says:

I would’ve said multiple display improvements, but it turned out my second display was causing system instabilities. I would’ve said iCloud KeyChain, but I stopped waiting and bought 1Password last year. So, for me, it is Finder tags.

rdstryr says:

Everything! Can't wait for it to release.

chitoac#IM says:

Speed and battery efficiency :)

Laelipoo says:

For me, it's a tie between the performance updates and the actionable notifications.

Ipheuria says:

notification sync is what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm tired of reading an iMessage on my Mac and then seeing it on my iPhone and iPad.