The definitive tip and trick guide to Disco Zoo: Rescue smarter, party harder, and rack up coins faster!
In Disco Zoo you play the part of a zoo owner that's working on building the best zoo anyone's ever seen. To do that you need to collect animals in order to keep your patrons, and news reporters, happy. The more animals you collect, the bigger your zoo gets and the more species you have access to. It's important to know where to spend your DiscoBux and where to save them — and what to use your hard earned in-game coins on. That's where iMore comes in. Follow along for some tips and tricks on how to grow your zoo population as fast as possible!
1. Learn animal patterns early on, or buy the ZooPedia
When you're on rescues to collect animals for your zoo, you have to collect all tiles of an animal in order to rescue it. Luckily animals keep the same tile pattern each time. So either remember them or buy to ZooPedia for a one time purchase of $2.99. You can view patterns for farm animals for free any time but further levels require the ZooPedia to reference patterns, unless you memorize them of course.
If you don't think you can remember all of them, it may be a good investment at only $2.99 one time.
2. Animal tiles are almost always connected to another
Remember that animals almost always piggy back off others. So once you complete one or find a tile, look to the immediate ones surrounding them for suspects that start the next animal pattern. Sometimes there's only one way tiles could fall depending on what kinds of animals are left. I've seen this theory not hold true a few times but more than often, animals for some reason seem to be tiled in close quarters to one another.
3. Wait to start a disco until you have a good stock of animals
Discos cost DiscoBux and there's no faster way to waste them than to start Disco parties before you really have enough animals to benefit from them. Instead, spend some money on leveling up your animals and rescuing new ones. Then once your zoo is earning a decent income on its own, Disco away to earn tons of cash.
4. Only use DiscoBux during rescues if mythical animals are involved
Rescues are generally not a great use of your DiscoBux — unless mythical creatures are involved. Typically they end up being good money makers and if you're sure you can collect one with your next five turns, go for it. If not, just pay for another rescue in coins since those are a heck of a lot easier to come by than DiscoBux.
5. Be strategic during rescues
If you're performing a rescue it's always best to be strategic about it. For example, if you have one animal left to collect and it requires four attempts but you only have three left, it's best to try and aim for coins instead of the animal. Since you can't collect it anyways, don't waste attempts trying. Instead, worry about building back up your coin stash. This is where knowing patterns comes in handy. You can then avoid or capture animals in fewer turns.
6. Find missing animals to gain rewards
When you're in the main zoo area be sure to check the top right corner of your screen for notifications. Every once in a while your animals will escape to other pens and the zoo keeper alerts you. Find them quickly and you'll get rewarded. Typically the reward is a few thousand coins or even better, DiscoBux. Watch for this kinds of challenges as they're easy ways to rack up money and DiscoBux without spending real money.
7. Go back to early rescues to build up your animal population cheaper
Levels like the farm are much cheaper per rescue than the others. It makes perfect sense to use these lower levels in order to ramp up your animal population. It costs less money and earns you more as you go since you're adding animals. This is especially useful if you're trying to unlock another rescue and you're short by just a few animals.
8. Watch videos for free rescues whenever you can
If you run out of attempts during a recuse you are presented with a few options. Every few hours you're given the option to watch video ads to get 5 free attempts. This is by far the easiest way to earn animals without wasting in-game or real money. The ads aren't that long. Watch them whenever you have an option to.
9. Keep animals awake while you're playing and before you quit the game
Animals don't make you nearly as much money when they're sleeping so keep an eye on them while you're playing. During rescues you're alerted if there are animals sleeping under the Return to Zoo button. Be sure to hop back out and wake them up whenever you can. And before you quit the game for a period of time, make sure all your animals are awake.
10. Make sure selling off your animals is worth it
Sometimes other zoos will offer to buy animals off of you. Before doing so, just make sure it's a fair trade. Common animals are relatively easy to get so it makes sense to sell those. But if you have animals that you've leveled up all the way, selling them sometimes doesn't make sense considering they're earning you money continuously.
If you play Disco Zoo regularly, what have you done that's helped you build your animal population faster? Be sure to let me know in the comments!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Go beyond the Wall in Apple Arcade's Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows
"Game of Thrones" fans can now explore the lands beyond the Wall on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Review: The Porsche Taycan can stream Apple Music, no phone or data needed
The 2020 Porsche Taycan is a sweet ride, but it's also the first to fully integrate Apple Music into its own infotainment system — without your phone or data.
iPhone 12 lens supply delayed due to coating quality issues
A major Apple supplier is to delay shipment of its lenses because of quality assurance issues, forcing other manufacturers to pick up the slack.
Done with Animal Crossing? Check out these Switch games.
Now that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been out for a while now, you might be looking for another game to play. Whether you're looking for another life sim similar to Animal Crossing or a complex RPG, here are some of the best games on Nintendo Switch.