The definitive gaming guide to Cut the Rope 2: How to feed Om Nom faster, beat the clock better, unlock levels quicker, and win bigger!
There are lots of ways to play through Cut the Rope, which is part of what makes it such a popular game. That doesn't mean there aren't lots of tips and tricks to help you get Om Nom through levels and to his prized candy faster. From finding secret items to completing additional challenges, Cut the Rope 2 is packed full of different ways to earn bonus items, unlock additional levels, and more. Here are the top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help you along the way...
1. There's more than one way to feed an Om Nom
There is rarely one single way to beat a level in Cut the Rope. That's part of what makes it so fun! The way I may choose to clear a level could be different than the next person. Sure some levels are pretty straight forward but sometimes the most obvious solution isn't the only one. In some cases, there are ways to clear levels that not only save you time, but increase your score.
That brings us to our next tip...
2. Explore each level, don't be afraid to restart
Restarting a level in the Cut the Rope is a button tap away and you should use restart fairly often. Don't be afraid to cut ropes, tap on items to see what they do, drop candy, and more. One of my favorite things about Cut the Rope has always been the no pressure atmosphere of the game. The point is to think things through and solve the puzzle that's set in front of you. Not all of us can do that in one shot, and that's perfectly okay.
3. Beat the clock for a better score
It's relatively easy to get all three stars in each level, but it isn't easy to get top scores. This goes back to tip #1 in which there's normally more than one way to complete a level. Naturally some of those ways are much faster than others. Your score is directly related to not only how many stars you get (you only need one in order to clear the level and move one), but how fast you manage to do it. If you want top rankings in Game Center, you'll need to replay some levels in order to complete levels faster.
4. Know your enemies, friends, and obstacles around you
Many obstacles stand in Om Nom's way but there's just as many friends that appear to help him. So along with exploring each level like I stated in tip #2, make sure you're also aware of what each friend brings to the table. For example, in levels where Lick is present the first thing I always do is tap on him to see exactly what he attaches himself to. That way I can see clear paths and tie in the other objects and obstacles relatively easily.
5. Unlock the additional levels in each stage
Each stage in Cut the Rope 2 has 20 levels but you can unlock an additional 5 by doing one of two things: either find all the medals in that level pack or finding the missing shamrocks. If you don't want to do that, you can buy the additional levels in each pack for $0.99 each. But who wants to do that? I've found the shamrocks aren't too terribly hard to collect but medal missions create more of a fun challenge in themselves. Watch for them after you complete a level. Just tap on the medal to see what you have to do in order to earn it and replay those levels.
6. Use your hints sparingly, and only when you need them
You are given a certain amount of hints when you start the game. If you use them all too quickly, you'll have to buy more if you need them. I've found if you use them sparingly, you rarely ever need to buy them since you're given a few here and there throughout the game. I've only used them on the more challenging levels in each level pack, particularly the last few levels. Even then, I always try a level several times before even considering using a hint on it.
7. Patience is typically rewarded, with in-app content
As mentioned in tip number 6, if you continue beating levels and plugging away at getting three stars in each level, you eventually earn in-app content for clearing sections. Stars are also how you open more level packs. For example, after clearing one level pack I was given free winter costumes for Om Nom. While they don't help you beat the game faster, they're fun and entertaining, especially for younger kids.
8. Don't forget about your helper items
Don't forget you have items available to you that help you along your way. In some cases you won't be able to clear a level easily without them, if at all. If you're having a lot of trouble clearing a particular level, look at what you have available to you and think out scenarios where those items may help you. But jjust like tips, you're limited how many you have at your disposal so choose how you use them carefully.
9. Enable iCloud Sync on all your iOS devices
So this isn't a technical game play tip but it sure is convenient if you plan to play Cut the Rope 2 on more than one device. Enabling it makes sure that your progress is synced back and forth between your iPhone and iPad. It's off by default so you'l have to pop into settings and enable it on each device you have linked to your iCloud account.
10. Give Om Nom a makeover
Zepto is great about adding fun in-game content that makes game play even more entertaining. It may not help you beat the entire game any faster but it's fun just the same. Give him wigs, change the type of candy you're feeding him and more. If you don't want to buy it, you can earn certain items as you clear different level packs and continuously get good scores.
If you have been playing your way through Cut the Rope 2, let us know if you've come across any useful tips or tricks that we haven't mentioned here by dropping a comment below. Have you beat it already or are you stuck on a particular level? Let us know that too!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This is how to check if a used iPhone or iPad was stolen from Apple
With several Apple stores looted and their display devices stolen, make sure you know how to spot if a device was stolen from Apple.
No, this mockup isn’t the iPhone 13
There's a 3D-printed mockup doing the rounds and people claim it's the iPhone 13. But there are a few problems with that. Starting with the fact it isn't.
This is how Apple will keep people safe when reopening Apple Park
Apple has already started bringing people back to Apple Park, but things aren't how they were before COVID-19.
These are the best ways to play retro games
While the NES Classic Edition is great for any nostalgia enthusiast, it's slate of 30 NES games aren't the only retro gaming solutions out there. Here are our favorite alternatives to the NES Classic Edition.