Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff strategy guide: Help Peter and all your favorite characters rebuild Quahog faster and better than ever!
In Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, you're tasked with rebuilding Quahog after Peter and his chicken nemesis, Ernie, have destroyed it. In order to do so you'll have to help Peter clear the town of debris and find all the other characters, including Stewie. While coins are somewhat easy to come by, clams are not — unless of course you want to shell out some serious cash. That doesn't mean you have to though. If you've got a bit of patience and plan strategically, you and Peter can have Quahog thriving again in no time. Here are our top tips and tricks to help you along the way while spending the least amount of real world cash!
1. How to earn free clams and coins from your friends
You have the option to link your Facebook and Google+ accounts in The Quest for Stuff. If you have either I'd suggest linking them as it allows you to visit all your friend's versions of Quahog and collect money. Sometimes you may even wander across free clams in your friend's towns. Make a habit of checking in with friends once a day.
2. If you buy anything with real money, buy clams not coins
Coins are pretty easy to come by and rack up quickly. Clams on the other hand are more rare and are only rewarded for larger tasks or leveling up significantly. Every once in a while you may have an urge to rush the process of building Quahog. If you must buy anything with real money, it's better spend on clams. Also look for deals on specific purchases. Sometimes Quest for Stuff offers buy one get one sales on specific packages and those are normally the best deals.
3. Don't use your clams to rush tasks
We've already discussed how hard it is to come by clams so it's important not to blow them on the little things. Save them up for buildings and other tasks that will reap a higher reward. Don't spend clams to rush tasks. That leads me to my next tip..
4. Save longer tasks for before you close the game
If you have a task you need to complete that takes a longer period of time, save it for before you close the game. This way you aren't having to tie up an entire character while you're playing the game. Tie them up instead once you close out. It's a better use of your time, and the characters.
5. Make sure each character is doing something before you close the game
This ties in with the previous tip. Once you start unlocking more and more characters, it's important to make sure they're always working on something before you close the game out. This is a great way to make sure when you open the game you've racked up a decent amount of coins and XP. Letting them sit idle while you aren't playing just makes rebuilding Quahog and even more daunting task.
6. Hire more builders as you need them
At the beginning of the game you are only given one builder. That means if he is working on a project, you can't build anything else until that's done. The Quest for Stuff actually lets you hire up to four builders. Each one you add will cost you more clams but it's worth it as you start making more money and building XP faster as Quahog expands. Don't spend the clams right away but once you notice you have the coin to build multiple things simultaneously.
7. Short term tasks are a quick and easy way to boost your coin bank
While you're actually playing the game, spend some time racking up some coins quickly. The easiest way to do this is by making characters perform tasks that don't take a long time. Tasks that require a partner — such as Peter and Quagmire napping together — are great choices since you're earning XP and coins on two characters, not just one.
8. Build based on what earns you XP and coins
Tapping the info button in the inventory selector lets you see how much XP and how many coins you'll earn from a specific building or object. This is important because you don't want to build things that don't earn you currency and XP quickly. At least at the start, focus on buildings and items that earn you the most cash and XP. Then once you've got a cushion, build some fun items.
9. Store buildings and items you don't have room for right now
In build mode you can store buildings and objects that you don't have room for at the current time. This is convenient when you come across an instance where you want to build something new or better for cash flow than what you currently have but run out of room. Just store one item in order to build another. Then when you clear out more real estate, go ahead and place it back. The best part? It doesn't cost you anything.
10. FaceSpace is a quick and easy way to check your characters levels
FaceSpace is pretty much in-game Facebook for your characters. Not only is it entertaining to glance at from time to time, it's also a super easy way to check how much XP each character has accumulated and who you need to work on leveling up. Typically tasks get more time consuming and more expensive as a character levels up so finding ones that are lower can sometimes be a good time waster if other characters are busy.
11. How to unlock Stewie
A lot of people have been asking how you go about unlocking Stewie. The answer is that he's contained in the 8th district and you'll unlock him when you build Bob's Funland. It'll cost you some serious clams though so if you really want Stewie, better start saving now!
Your Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff tips and tricks?
If you're currently playing your way through Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, what are your top tips and tricks to level up faster and earn more clams? Do you spend real cash or do you patiently bide your time and just make better decisions when choosing how to expand Quahog? Let me know in the comments!
Note: Originally published, April 2014. Updated, September 2014.
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
SENA Wallet Book Case beautifully protects your iPhone and valuables
This gorgeous case holds your iPhone as well as up to three cards plus cash securely.
'App Store Confidential' is in number one spot on Amazon thanks to Apple
The controversial "App Store Confidential" book is now the number one bestseller on Amazon. All because Apple is trying to get it banned.
AirPods Pro Lite rumors just won't go away with mid-2020 launch suggested
If AirPods and AirPods Pro aren't right for you, what about AirPods Pro Lite? A new report suggests a mid-2020 launch window.
Looking for a new controller for your Switch? Look no further!
If you want a more conventional gaming controller for your Switch and don't want to spend more on the Pro Controller, you do have other options. Here are my favorite third-party controllers for Nintendo Switch.