In Angry Birds Go! you can race as your favorite characters from the popular Angry Birds franchise. From timed challenges to smashing fruit, there's a lot of fun to be had. But what if you get stuck on a specific challenge or don't understand where to find Angry Birds Go! codes? That's where iMore comes in! Follow along for our top tips, tricks, and cheats to mastering Angry Birds Go!
1. If you're going to buy anything, get the coin doubler
Angry Birds Go! is one of those games that makes it very easy to spend a lot of money on in-app purchases if you aren't careful. If you decide you're willing to shell out some cash, do it on something that you continuously get rewarded from. The coin doubler is $6.99 but you keep it forever and every single coin you collect counts as two. That means you rack up your total twice as fast.
2. Drive on the inside of the track whenever possible
Obviously the best route is always the shortest ones. Taking tight turns and staying on the inside of the track can shave off distance and overall time. Obviously if there's a gem on the outside of the track and you have enough of a lead or enough time to pick it up, by all means do so. But if you're racing against the clock or having a hard time passing an opponent, staying on the inside helps you gain some ground.
3. Time your power ups right
You're limited on power ups and using them at the right time makes the most sense. That means don't use a speed boost right before you're going to go around a corner. The odds of you slamming into a wall and wasting it are high. Instead, use it in a wide open space. Also look for cues on power ups like bubbles that elevate you. If you see a stream of coins in the air, that's probably a good time to use it.
4. Aim matters when you're launching off
When you launch off from the starting block, make sure you aim well. Normally I aim for the inside of the track whenever possible. Depending on how you aim, it could be the difference between starting off in the lead or getting stuck on an opponent and not being able to make up the time.
5. Upgrade acceleration and top speed before anything else
When you're upgrading your kart, spend your coins on acceleration and top speed first. These are what can give you the edge in harder challenges. I've found focusing on these two boosts to allow you to level up and advance faster as opposed to upgrading evenly and possibly losing challenges due to faster opponents.
6. Don't waste gems on skipping challenges
Unless you absolutely can't beat a specific challenge, don't waste your gems on skipping it. Typically it costs you at least 10 gems and it's just not worth it. Try a few more times or put the game down and come back to it later. Gems are super hard to come by so use them sparingly and only when you have to.
7. Don't energize birds using gems, change the time instead!
Each time your bird runs out of energy you'll need to wait for 20 minutes to use it again. There's a known glitch though that'll let you trick the system. Just put your iPhone or iPad in Airplane mode and then change the time ahead at least an hour. Your bird should then be ready to go when you hop back in the game.
8. Use Facebook for double rewards
Signing into your Facebook account gives you double rewards in Angry Birds Go! so if you've got a Facebook account, make sure you sign into it. Who doesn't want to earn rewards faster?
9. Don't forget to do daily events
Each day Angry Birds Go! gives you a daily event that you can participate in to win either coins or gems. Every consecutive day that you complete
10. Angry Birds Go! codes
There are lots of special codes from sponsors you can redeem through Angry Birds Go! that you'll just have to keep your eyes peeled for. The Jenga code reveals a special pirate themed mini game. If you have the Jenga set, just enter the code. If not, you can buy the level for $1.99. Other sponsors such as State Farm run promos and have codes from time to time as well. Just keep your eyes open.
Unfortunately, most of the codes you'll find online are never valid. However, if you manage to find codes that work, be sure to leave them in the comments and we'll check them out and add them if we can verify them.
Your tips, tricks, and cheats?
If you play Angry Birds Go! and have tips and tricks to share, be sure to leave them in the comments!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
Thx for sharing ;)
Stupid game with $1.99 code. I want a refund.
Need codes for my kid. He loves this gAME
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.