The definitive Clumsy Ninja guide: How to gain XP faster, train smarter, and earn your next belt in no time!
Clumsy Ninja is the story of a warrior on a mission to find his friend, Kira. Before he can go on his quest, he needs a lot of training because... well... he's so very truly clumsy. But... that's where you come in! With the help of Sensei, you'll guide this clumsy ninja through quests, earn XP, train, and play together. Now, you may be asking how you can get that done as fast and as best as ninja-ly possible? We'll that's where iMore comes in! Here's our list of the top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to get your ninja ready for battle in no time!
1. Train, train, train!
The easiest thing you can do in order to earn XP and level up to different belts quicker is train. As you progress through the game, you will continue to unlock new training items. Each of those typically has subsets inside of it as well. For instance, you can have many trampolines to work with. Lower level ones replenish faster so don't take them for granted. Whenever you can use them for training, make sure you do so you accumulate as much XP as you can, as fast as you can.
2. Don't pay for repairs
Every time you train you'll typically have to repair an item. Clumsy Ninja gives you a few options depending on the repair. One option is to pay in coins or gems. I typically recommend against this as there are other things that your coins and gems are better spent on. In some cases, you get the option to watch a short video or send out a tweet. I never have a problem doing either of these things over using my ninja's coins and gems.
Alternately, you can always just wait it out and let Sensei repair the item for you after a certain period of time. Wait before using coins or gems, unless you absolutely have to repair something. In my experience so far, there's never a reason to pay for a repair. Just train with something else instead for the time being.
3. Always use coins before gems
Gems are extremely hard to come by and don't accumulate anywhere near as fast as coins do. If you have an option between paying in coins or gems, always choose the coin option first. Since you can accumulate coins a heck of a lot quicker, you won't miss them nearly as much. Gems, you almost always miss.
When it comes to purchasing with real money, if you're going to buy anything, buy gems. Coins are easy enough to get that there really isn't too much of a reason to buy them with real money, unless you're super impatient. Gems however, are hard to accumulate. If you're cashing in real money, cash it in for gems.
4. Don't unlock items with gems, be patient and level up instead
You always have the ability to unlock items with gems, even if you haven't reached the level necessary to use coins yet. That doesn't mean you should do it. As stated in tip 3, gems accumulate very slow and if you use them to unlock something that you can get with your earned coins in just a few levels, it's most likely worth the wait.
Long story short, save gems for things you really need, not for something you can simply cash in coins for in just a few short levels.
5. Pop balloons to get XP super fast
For some reason, popping balloons gives you a ridiculous amount of XP, with the exception of the Fiery balloon. Luckily you can get the Sky balloon relatively early on for only 4 gems. This is one instance where you want to spend your gems since the rewards are so great. Once you get to level 9, you can cash in a mere 25 coins in exchange for 5 blue balloons.
If you're looking to level up faster, balloons are a relatively cheap and easy way to do it. Just keep buying balloons with your coins and pop them. If you're struggling to level up or are getting impatient with a specific task, start popping balloons. Here's a breakdown of what each balloon earns you in XP per pop and what they cost:
- Sky balloons - 25 coins for 5 or 4 gems for 10 - 430 XP
- Natural balloons - 50 coins for 5 or 6 gems for 10 - 1,100 XP
- Sensei balloons - 75 coins for 5 or 8 gems for 10 - 6,300 XP
- Multicolored balloons - 100 coins for 5 or 10 gems for 10 - 10,000 XP
I've used the balloon method when a level is going slow and an item I really want to unlock is right within my grasp in the next level. That's a perfect time to use this strategy. I almost always use coins too, hardly ever gems unless I'm really in a pinch.
6. Complete all training before putting the game down each time
Since you have to wait for Sensei to repair things each time you use them, it's a good idea to make sure you use all the items and get all the XP and coins you can before closing the game. Training is typically short and makes for easy money.
Before closing the game each time, have each item in for repair with Sensei. This way you aren't wasting any hard earned coins or gems getting repairs that can happen on their own while the game is closed.
7. Keep up with quests
Sure you could just keep popping blue balloons all day and level up fast, but don't mix up leveling up and belts. For some belts and ninja moves, you absolutely need to follow and complete the quests. Not to mention, quests are a very easy way to accumulates coins, and in some instances, gems too.
It's the way the game is supposed to be played so unless your goal is simply to level us as quickly as possible, complete the quests. You'll be glad you did.
8. Collect your daily bonuses!
Each day you put your ninja to sleep and come back, you get a daily bonus. Even if you don't have time to play Clumsy Ninja that day, pop in just long enough to collect your daily bonuses. Then make sure you put your ninja to sleep for the day. If you don't, your daily bonus doesn't show up.
Get to 7 days in a row and you can collect 1,000 coins in one go. That's a lot of balloon money!
9. When all else fails, play with your ninja!
The charm of the game is all the ways you can interact with your ninja. Tickle him, throw him around, drag him on the ground. Each day you can collect XP doing all these basic things. It isn't a ton but it adds up over time and only takes a few seconds. So remember to take time off from quests and just go exploring with your ninja. You may be surprised what you find.
10. Collect animals as soon as you can, but use coins!
The chicken is the first animal you encounter as of level 10. You can of course use gems in order to acquire them quicker but it isn't really worth it. Collect animals if and when you can. They earn you money each day for doing nothing so they're a good investment over time.
Again, it's worth it if you're using coins but using gems takes a heck of a lot longer to recoup your investment.
If you play Clumsy Ninja regularly, let us know how far you've gotten and what tips and tricks you've used so far. Have you spent real money or are you sticking to the story line in order to work your way through the game? Let us know!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here's where to find all 120 Stars in Super Mario 64
There are hundreds of Stars hidden around and throughout Princess Peach's castle in Super Mario 64. Here's where you'll find them all.
Trump administration ordered to postpone TikTok ban or defend it by Friday
A judge has told the Trump administration it must either postpone its U.S. ban on TikTok or respond to a court by Friday in defence of the move.
EU to appeal Apple's $15 billion tax bill ruling
A new report says the EU will appeal a court decision stating that Apple's tax arrangements in Ireland did not breach state aid laws in the bloc. The EU says Ireland is owed nearly $15 billion by Apple.
All the Nintendo Switch accessories for Animal Crossing fans
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is finally out on Nintendo Switch. Go all out with your Animal Crossing love with these adorable-themed accessories.