Duet Game strategy guide: Dodge obstacles quicker and get through all stages with these tips and tricks!
Duet Game is a strategy type game that requires you to navigate through all kinds of obstacles by circling and dodging in unison. Change directions and evade all the blocks and squares standing between you and the next checkpoint. Run into something and the stage starts over. Whether you're just starting out with Duet or are trying to figure out how to get past a particularly hard stage, follow along for our top tips and tricks!
1. Stay in the middle when you can
In many levels of Duet there are objects that simply pass you by. Typically moving around puts you in harms way so it's best to stay where you are and let danger pass you right by.
2. Memorize patterns, they don't change
Each small segment, or stage, in Duet Game stays the same no matter how many times you play it. So unlike games such as Smash Hit where levels continue to change each time you have to start them over, you can always count on the segments of Duet Game to stay the same. This makes is simple to memorize patterns, especially since segments are typically very short.
3. Remember what tapping each side does
It's easy to get your fingers mixed up and mean to move one way but move another. Your red and blue vessels are set to move clockwise and counter-clockwise. The easiest way to remember is that if you tap on the right side, you'd be moving forward in time on a clock. Tapping to the left and going backwards would move your vessels counter-clockwise.
4. Gauge moves carefully when passing spinning bars
Spinning blocks, the long rectangle kind that is, can be particularly hard to judge. I typically wait until I absolutely have to move so I know exactly what direction I need to go in and how far. The faster you start to move the more room for error there is. I sometimes use lighter taps to move around spinning bars since it gives me more control and allows me to change directions in a pinch.
5. Continuous spinning does the trick on repeated obstacles
If you come across a large stack of obstacles that are spaced the same distance apart and are all the same size, try just holding down on the screen in order to spin around them. Almost 99% of the time this works and is much easier than trying to pass them going slower or changing directions. That's typically how you get hung up on them.
6. Back and forth does the trick
In some instances a constant back and forth motion gets you past a lot more obstacles than you may think. The key is knowing when this principle applies. Look for objects that aren't necessarily the same size but have the same spacing in between them. These are the segments you want to use the back and forth method on.
7. It's all about timing
Typically how you tap the screen always follows a pattern so watch for it. If it helps, count it off in your head. If you see a bunch of obstacles coming at you all at once, they're probably spaced in a way that creates some kind of tapping pattern. Recognize it and learn it. This goes along with tip 2 about memorizing.
8. Don't overdo it on spinning blocks
It's very easy to time spinner blocks incorrectly. You get past the first portion of it but then the back end of it spins back up and you hit it. This is caused by rotating too far. The best way to avoid this from happening is to backtrack a bit before you see the right edge of a spinner block leave the screen.
9. Watch your splatters
The best way to learn from your mistakes is to pay attention to where you're having the most problems. The great thing about Duet Game is that you can physically see where you're having problems. If you see a lot of splatters in a specific portion of a segment, concentrate on getting by those obstacles first. Once you can, concentrate on the next section. This typically leads to clearing segments faster while learning patterns for future segments at the same time.
10. Duet is better suited on the iPad
If you have an iPad, try Duet Game on the larger screen. I've found I'm a better judge of distance and direction changes since I can see objects better without my thumbs occasionally in the way. Whenever I can pick up my iPad instead of my iPhone to play, I do. And I always end up getting further.
Your tips and tricks?
If you've been playing Duet Game on your iPhone or iPad, what tips and tricks have you found useful for clearing levels? Let me know in the comments!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your iPhone can look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing with these icons
What you need to know People everywhere are creating gorgeous, customized Home screens. A market for stunning icons has popped up, too. These icons make your iPhone look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Only real fans' iPhones look like NookPhones. There's been a big explosion in the number of people customizing their iPhone Home screens of late thanks to...
NHS COVID-19 app released in England and Wales
The NHS has released its COVID-19 app for England and Wales, featuring risk updates for your area, venue check-in, and of course, contact tracing based on Apple and Google's exposure notification API.
Top 20 home screen customization apps hit 5.7 million downloads in 4 days
Since the release of iOS 14, the desire to customize your home screen is driving record downloads for the apps that help you do it.
Kid-friendly board games to keep your children entertained
Games can teach kids teamwork, strategy, help with basic math skills, and even give their critical thinking skills a good test. Plus, board games are fun as heck, so here's a list of our favorite games you can play with your kids!