The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
Simpsons: Tapped Out can take over your life and replace it with a Homer Simpson and donut filled cartoon replica faster than you can say "D'oh!" But if you're going to spend all your waking - and some sleeping - hours helping rebuild Springfield, we're want to help you do it as fast, as easily, and as cheaply as possible. So, I've collected some of the very best tips, hints, and flat out cheats I could find, and loaded them up here. So, keep reading, and get ready to take your Simpsons: Tapped Out gaming from "haha!" to "woohoo!"
1. Hidden items and bonuses
This is a rather easy one and doesn't require any skill. Tap on Homer so his task list comes up next to him. Now tap on Homer 10 times quickly. Doing this will unlock 10 donuts and a Jebediah Statue.
2. Choosing tasks
When choosing tasks for your characters to perform, it's good to be mindful of how long they take and what the reward is. Typically longer tasks come with a higher dollar and/or donut amount attached to them. It's good to choose these tasks before you're about to put the game down in order to let your characters achieve these while you're away.
If you're actively playing the game and building things out, it's good to assign your characters to perform shorter tasks. The monetary amount may not be as much but you'll get to interact with your character a lot more. Those little tasks can sometimes add up to decent amounts of cash or donuts rather fast too.
3. Collect money and XP in less taps
If you're tired of seeing all the XP and dollar signs floating around the screen but don't want to tap on each individual one, there's an easier way to collect all of it. Simply tap on one stack to expand it and then close or open your task book. After about five to ten seconds you'll see all your XP and money whisk into your account without the need for you to tap on any more of it.
4. Choose your buildings carefully
When it comes to adding on to Springfield, it's good to choose what you'd like to build carefully. Each property has the potential to earn you money and XP but how much?
Commercial spaces such as the Kwik-E-Mart and others have the ability to earn you higher income but it comes at the cost of time. While you can trigger more tasks at once, they'll most likely take longer. These are good ones to have as a steady stream of income. I typically trigger tasks when I can and definitely always have tasks running while I'm away from the game. That way I come back to a nice pile of cash the next time I play.
Residential properties will earn you income tax on a pretty regular basis but it isn't a ton of cash. You can supplement this by checking on the houses and making sure there aren't any other tasks you can perform. For example, at the Flanders you can send Lisa to babysit. These kinds of residential tasks take longer but earn more cash.
5. Level up faster
Items such as trees will earn you XP, which you'll need in order to level up and unlock other items. While these items don't earn you cash or donuts, it's important not to forget about them. Certain characters, buildings, and other items can only be unlocked when you reach a certain level.
In order to level up, you've got to collect XP. Adding trees, landscaping, and other items are cheap ways of earning XP faster.
6. Consult with the Conform-O-Meter
By tapping on the star rating in your left bottom detail view you'll be shown the Conform-O-Meter. There are many different areas that are dictated by star ratings. The higher the star rating you have in each category, the faster you'll rake in bonuses on top of the XP and money that is paid out for each task. For example, planting more trees will cause the tree hugger portion of your conformity score to climb, therefore increasing the bonuses you can collect for performing tasks in that category.
7. Buying donuts vs buying cash
Tapped Out gives you the option to buy donuts and cash via in-app purchase in order to accelerate how fast you can beat and unlock new objectives and items. When it comes to buying cash or buying donuts the better option is normally buying donuts.
The reason I recommend buying donuts over cash is that donuts allow you to finish objectives faster by rushing them. This in turn gives you cash quicker. In essence, you're really accumulating both faster in turn giving you more money to buy items faster and increase your XP by rushing tasks.
8. Your tips and tricks!
If you play Tapped Out regularly, what tips and tricks have you found that either help you accumulate more items or clear objectives faster? Let us know either in the comments or through our forums. There's already a Tapped Out tips and tricks thread going so if you know anything you think other iMore readers and forum browsers would find useful, be sure to add it in!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
Id= makiavelliaz Thx and have fun!
tonistiern13 is username. Thanks! :)
Add me bro craigdbake147
But my ID is moarbunny if anyone wants to try inviting, it's nice having friends. :)
thanks! See you in alternate Springfields! :)
Dumb name I know
My sister: ihcp2001
ID is aayushtandon I am also experimenting on a trick someone on the internet posted.... will let you know if it works...!
user name swpy33
Pls add me
Don't buy any donuts...don't but any donuts.. : ( Some new neighbors would help though!! Please Add me OSensei666
I play daily!
Orgin name: loltiffrules21
Again ANYBODY THAT NEEDS NEIGHBORS PLZZ ADD ME !!!!!
By the way, thank you the tap Homer trick worked.
Our origin names are
Origin ID: Reyynn
I play every day.
My username is - Sadewill
Thank youuuuuu x
Plays daily needing friends!
Plz add me to your world
Just started playing and in need of neighbors!
Please add me :-) Tekkrokk
Thanks in advance
my user name: hutchnsuch566
I'm always on
It won't let me add some people so u have to add me
Add me please I need neighbors. I play daily.
I have 100 so plz don't add me
Also, feel free to add me!!
Thx to add me I started few weeks ago.
I need neighborsntoo
Is my username
I'll have him accept you Right Away... thanks :-)
I enjoy playing Tapped Out but I can't afford to use real money to buy donuts to get the Premium items.
There should be a set up where the longer you play, the more Premium Items you get.
Please add daily players thankyou!
is my originID
My id is Gixxerspeed
Origin ID: eddiegambo955
on daily edu_rigonato
Please Add me and my Husband!!
Also add me..... mikeisathome
Im a daily player... too much time...
My husband: xt254681
Add me im a daily player
I play every day!
My origin id is lordofwar38
It is 2986
I play everyday :-)
OBS / ACEITO TODOS PK TENHO POUCOS AMIGOS GO GO GO
add my bf: dlij
I'm on daily!!
also add marycarmenpc and vichen03!
(email@example.com) SEND ME A KIK MESSAGE TELLING ME WHAT YOU THINK OF MY SPRINGFIELD ( rodrivera) (ar101ra R) THANKS :D
When valentines is over collect from
Just started a few days ago, but i will be on several times each day to slowly build my Springfield and visit neighbors :) edit: I use Android at the moment, but i assume this works cross platform...?
I was in the same position until I hacked the game myself. I'm offering to provide my hack to you. I'll do all the dirty work, and I'll get you FIVE premium items of your choice (Doesn't have to be current, could be from past event i.e. christmas, valentines day, halloween), unlimited coins, and ONE THOUSAND DONUTS. I created this gig on Fiverr for $5. I would do it for free but I need some compensation for my money. :P also, you will NOT get banned using my hack. Don't worry about that at all. Here is the link. Happy Tapping Out! fiverr(DOT COM) /gamehacksforyou/get-you-5-premium-items-and-1000-donuts-in-tapped-out
ADD MEEE : SivanGail
I'm on regularly...
I play everyday