In FarmVille 2: Country Escape, you are tasked with building your own farm from the ground up. In order to do so you'll need lots of resources including crop fields, mills to turn your crops into product, and more. While you could always spend real cash in order to acquire these items quickly, if you have a little patience we've got the tips, tricks, and cheats you need to play strategically and level up fast enough on your own, no real money required!
1. Don't use your Keys to finish tasks
Keys are the hardest kind of in-game currency to obtain so hold onto them until you need them. One of the biggest ways to waste your Keys is by using them to rush tasks. Instead, perform shorter tasks while you're playing the game and then start the longer ones before you quit so they can continue while you don't have the game open.
2. Make more money selling your crops at the Farm Stand
Selling your crops and finished goods is one of the easiest ways to acquire cash and XP. Before you do though, check the Farm Stand once you've unlocked it. There you have some say on what you get for crops and goods and it's typically more than the general Farm Orders board will net you.
As a side note, you should also make sure you aren't selling crops you need to unlock a task. Save those and finish your tasks with them instead.
3. Make sure you collect daily spins
Each day you play FarmVille 2 you'll have an opportunity to spin the wheel for bonuses — once you unlock it that is. Be sure to launch FarmVille 2 each and every day even if it's only to collect your daily spin. What you can win gets higher and higher as you play consecutively without missing a day.
4. Use Keys to upgrade your barn before anything else
I told you earlier to save all your Keys, but what's the point in that? Upgrading your barn is where you're going to want to use most of them. You are limited on how many crops you can store at a time and if you're trying to stock pile, you're going to need to expand your barn. Do this as soon as you can. The further you get the more storage issues you'll run into.
5. Visit your friends' farms to earn coins and bonuses
In FarmVille 2 you can visit your friends farms and earn free cash, and sometimes even Keys. Do this daily and spread some Friendship Fertilizer in order to reap the rewards.
6. If you're going to spend real money, spend it on Keys
If you're okay with spend a little real cash in order to move along a little faster, spend your cash on Keys, not coins. For the most part coins are easy currency to come by and the only thing you really need them for on a regular basis is to build tools and buy more land. Most crops and items you actually need are fairly cheap and don't even put a dent in your coin bank. Keys however are given out sparingly and are required for almost everything.
7. Connect your Facebook account and get 25 free keys
When you first start playing FarmVille 2 you should be prompted to connect your Facebook account. If you aren't, you can easily do so through settings. This doesn't mean you have to harass your friends if you choose not to, but you get 25 free keys for doing it. If you really don't want them linked, just do it long enough to collect your reward and then unlink them.
8. Ask your Facebook friends for Speed Seed
Speed Seed lets you grow crops a heck of a lot faster but it's a hard commodity to come by, mainly because you have to rely on your Facebook friends to get it. If you have friends on Facebook also playing FarmVille 2, be sure to give them Speed Seed so they return the favor regularly.
9. Take advantage of Grandma's Glade every 15 minutes
Grandma's Glade can be foraged by a farmhand every 15 minutes and that's greats news for you, mainly because you always find rare items that are either worth a lot of XP or needed to complete quests. However, don't waste keys doing it. Every 15 minutes is often enough and you'll find enough scarce items to cash them in and start leveling up in no time.
10. Cheat time by changing your system clock
Lots of games, including FarmVille 2, are susceptible to the infamous time cheat. Simply hop into your system settings and move your clock forward. Re-open FarmVille 2 and longer tasks will be completed. Since the game pulls from the time on your iPhone or iPad, changing it changes your standing in the game. Whenever you get really impatient waiting on something you need, this cheat never fails.
Bonus tip: Co-ops help you level up and add more fun!
Once you get to level 11 you will unlock the option to join co-ops. This not only adds new ways for you to acquire cash and XP, it's also a heck of a lot more fun since you get to interact with the FarmVille community. I'd highly recommend checking it out as soon as you're able.
Your Farmville 2 tips, hints, and cheats?
If you're playing FarmVille 2, have you found any great tips, tricks, or cheats that have helped you level up and get further without spending real cash? Be sure to let me know in the comments!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Elevate your Apple Watch with this elegant bracelet-style Wearlizer band
This pretty rhinestone-enhanced Apple Watch bangle bracelet looks more like jewelry on your wrist than a health and fitness band.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister alludes to resolution over Apple Maps and Crimea
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko has hinted at a resolution to the Apple Maps Crimea controversy, after meeting with Apple VP Lisa Jackson at Davos.
macOS Catalina bug sees displays reset to max brightness after sleep
Some users are reporting their macOS Catalina machines are setting themselves to maximum brightness after waking from sleep
Don't lose important data on your Mac, make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.