Apps

Apple ID two-step verification feature now available in 59 countries

How to

How to change the iTunes account on your iPhone or iPad

How to

How to change your Apple ID security questions on iPhone or iPad

Apps

iWork for iCloud now remembers your last-used document settings and more!

How to

How to create an Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad

News

Major iWork for iCloud update brings increased collaboration and larger file sizes

How to

How to leave a comment on a specific cell in Numbers for iPhone and iPad

How to

How to move Pages, Numbers, or Keynote for iPhone and iPad files to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more

How to

How to share a Pages, Keynote, or Numbers file with iCloud

How to

How to move existing iWork files from your Mac to iCloud

How to

Getting error messages when opening up Numbers, Pages, and Keynote files stored in iCloud? Here's the fix!

Apps

iWork regains its AppleScript mojo but there's still work for Apple to do

Apps

iWork for iCloud updated with fresh design, Mac and iOS apps updated with new features

How to

How to cancel an iTunes or App Store subscription right from your iPhone or iPad

News

Apple brings two-step verification to Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, and Spain!

Apps

Apple adds password-protected sharing to iWork, kills Keynote Remote dead

iPad mini

iMore show 376: Retina iPad mini launch surprise!

iCloud

Apple updates iWork for iCloud beta with collaboration enhancements

Apps

Upcoming additions to iWork for Mac detailed by Apple

iPad

Got a new iPad Air? Don't forget your free iLife and iWork apps from Apple!

Apple reportedly opens up iWork for iCloud beta to all, go try it out!

Reports are coming in this morning that Apple has now opened up the iWork for iCloud beta to anyone with a registered Apple ID. This comes after the initial launch to registered developers only, and then a small number of selected non-developer accounts. But, now it seems everyone can go ahead and try out Apple's cloud based productivity suite.

Since iWork is a collection of paid apps in the Mac App Store, for many this may be their first time even looking at one of the apps in any form. Our own early impressions of iWork for iCloud beta are that Apple has produced a solid product, that while not necessarily fitting everyones needs, comes close enough to the native Mac versions for many tasks. It also opens up the iWork suite for the first time to non-Mac and non-iOS users, since you can access this through your browser on a Windows PC too.

We're unable to verify this ourselves at this time, as our own accounts are either registered developer accounts or had already been selected previously for access. That's where you guys come in. If you're now able to try out iWork for iCloud beta for the first time, drop us a line in the comments!

Source: Spider-Mac via Engadget

Richard Devine

Senior Editor at iMore, part time racing driver, full time British guy

David Gelphman talks PDF, CUPS, Core Graphics, and AirPrint at Apple

Apple said to be negotiating with content providers for possible TV delivery service

stephen007 says:

It's odd because I had access to these new beta features several weeks back when Renee posted about it. I'm not even an iCloud user! I wonder what their criteria is then.

The iWork stuff seemed fine but I didn't continue to use it since I didn't have the iOS version to match.

Richard Devine says:

Selected Apple ID's were selected by Apple for early access. My non-dev account was one of those as well. Now it seems everyone with an Apple ID can sign in and take a look :)

gibhyder says:

I have been able to access the iWork suite of apps on www.icloud.com for a couple of weeks now as well. However, I am now able to get into www.beta.icloud.com and I don't have any sort of special account

Paul5555p says:

All true, just checked and its there. Thanks for the heads up.

anthonyl says:

Doesn't work in Chrome. If you try and open a file, an error message pops up. Thus far it's only worked in IE. A unsupported browser message pops up in Safari and Firefox

Richard Devine says:

Been working fine in Chrome for me since the sneaky developer only preview

Bazza1 says:

It popped up, initially saying it doesn't like my browser (Firefox), but dismissing that, I seemed to have gained access. Tried the virtual Pages, but as there's no (obvious) way to set the 'Save' format, one assumes a user can't export as, say, a .doc - but only as .pages. Really? .pages? Who in any sort of business / sharing frameworks saves in .pages? Might as well save as .clarisworks or .wks.

I guess its trying to compete with Google Drive, but I don't much care for its proprietary file format either, for largely the same reason as iWork.

jmecca09 says:

Actually it can be quite useful. First of all it auto saves. And if you want to share the document, you click "Share". Then you can send it as a .pages, .pdf, or.doc file.

So it looks like Apple realizes the needs for compatibility.

Bazza1 says:

Yeah, but you can't Export / Share / Save as... back to iCloud as .doc file - say, after you've tweaked the file. The best you can do is send it back to your computer and then, from there, drag the file back to iCloud. Yeah, Apple knows all about user intuitive software.

;-)

yankle says:

hmm why no firefox support? also anybody else feel it looks really lo-res? i mean as in the buttons look really big? im used to tiny buttons, it looks blown up like 640x480 resolution

audit says:

I only use firefox and it works fine for me, actually been using the new site for a couple weeks now.

Stuart Graham says:

I guess iCloud iWorks beta isn't available on the iPhone? I can't get to it from www.Beta.Icloud.com. No settings on the iPhone in iCloud to turn Pages, Numbers, or Keynote on.

Rowanova says:

I'm far from being a developer but have had access since the announcement

Sent from the iMore App