Apple TV iOS 4.2.2 update now available
Apple today released an update for Apple TV (2010), bringing it to iOS 4.2.2. The over-the-air update looks to be of the bug fix variety:
- Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
If you notice anything else, let us know!
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.