aTV Flash (black) Apple TV jailbreak package gets updated with a revamped video player and more
FireCore has released another update to its hugely popular software for jailbroken second generation Apple TV's (2010, 720p version). The new 1.5 release includes a revamped video player which claims to improve playback performance of most video file types.
Today we're happy to release a brand new version of aTV Flash (black) which includes a revamped player that is optimized for iOS 5.0 and later. This new player improves performance for virtually all file type resulting in noticeably smoother playback. We've also baked in a number of other goodies including NFS streaming, subtitle timing settings, additional translations and a mountain of other improvements and fixes.
Still nothing concrete on the release of a jailbrealk for the latest Apple TV (2012, 1080p version) or an untethered jailbreak for the Apple TV 2 running iOS 5.1. FireCore says that it is still working hard on both fronts but its is still too early to give an estimate on the release date.
If you’re looking for the full change log, you’ll find it below. If you really don’t need the full details and just want to get yourself updated, version 1.5 is available now from the Firecore website. If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.5 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide.
- Revamped player with improved performance (AppleTV 4.4 and later)
- Added NFS streaming
- Added Catalan, Czech, Korean and Traditional Chinese translations
- Added support for localized TV show pattern: TV Show/Season #/S##E##.extension
- Added manual subtitle time correction (-10.0s to +10.0s)
- Added support for embedded .FLAC cover art
- Added support for .AC3, .DTS and .MOD files
- Improved .EYETV file handling
- Improved audio synchronization in slow and unstable networks
- Improved slideshow operation with small images
- Improved movie folders detection logic to ignore hidden files
- Improved metadata fetching to support movies split into multiple files (dvd#, cd#, disk#)
- Improved zoom mode operation for non-square pixels
- Improved DVD menu handling
- Improved .OGG file handling (now correctly treated as audio)
- Improved error handling for connection issues
- Improved buffering logic
- Improved installation routine
- Other minor UI improvements
- Resolved format detection that was causing rare playback issues
- Resolved issue with volume level resetting during rw/fw
- Resolved floating crashes usually observed when using SMB with Windows 7 shares
- Resolved conflicts with XBMC related to SMB
- Resolved issues with metadata fetching for 'Show.Name.###.extension' pattern
- Resolved crashes observed in folders with significant number of files
- Resolved playback error on DVD and ISO files observed when file path contains '?' character
- Resolved crashes when working with long file paths
- Resolved rare issue with incorrect pre-playback screen layout
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!