Why No iPhone 3G Unlock / New iPod Touch Jailbreak? And 2.2 Already Pwnd?

Did Apple finally bring the hounds to the old iPhone jailbreak/unlock cat and mouse game?

Maybe. It's been over 2 months and while the miraculous iPhone DevTeam has jailbroken the iPhone 3G, unlocking the device to work on any carrier has thus far eluded them. Likewise, the brand new iPod Touch -- which might be a sign of things to come with the next iPhone as well -- has proven more resistant to Jailbreaking. Says the DevTeam:

the 3G iPhone soft unlock and iPod Touch 2G jailbreak are still relatively new challenges (compare them with the timeframe of the iPhone challenges last year). We’re making slow advances on both fronts, but it’s not the sort of thing that can be easily described in a blog like this. But, to maybe show how interlinked these challenges are, this weekend we’ll be trying some hardware based ideas on the iPod Touch 2G jailbreak :)

It's not all doom and gloom, however, as the DevTeam also elaborates a little on iPhone 2.2 "Timberline", confirms it's still vulnerable to pwnage, and shows it running Terminal.app.

Clever.

Phone Different Podcast 27

iPhone Gaming: Block Breaker Deluxe Developers Speak!

Gary says:

I think a software unlock will be inevitable, it's just a matter of time. If you take a look at the unlock for 1.1.2 firmware on the first gen, that took longer than average. So if we wait patiently, it will come for the 3G! :)

ramesh rohit says:

i have a 3g iphone and,i want unlock

Tony says:

I hope the solution to unlock the 3G software it will come soon.I can't wait to come out .Great job DEV TEAM you are the best. :)

Bakus says:

The Iphone 3g is already unlocked so don't bother

Tom says:

To Bakus: who did the unlock (website)? Can you provide some information?

Rene Ritchie says:

3G is only unlockable with a hardware hack (Turbo SIM or similar). No software unlock yet, as per iPhone Dev-Team...

Ian says:

i got one of the new ipod touches in september and have been waiting for jailbreaking ability but still no luck.
awwww..

chris says:

I want to get the touch 2G but only if I know for sure that people will jailbreak it before 2009 or early 2009. seriously, I don't feel like getting an old refurbished one. the new one has the new firmware AAAAND a speaker!!!

iphone 3g soft unlock says:

I am still waiting for the 3g unlocking software because i do not trust turbo sim. thanks for the info

Not going to happen says:

Personally I think the dev team is in over their heads. They can't JB the iPod Touch 2G that's why it hasn't happened in months. Eventually they wont be able to do anything to the iPhone either. I mean Apple is a mega company introducing the future. And the dev team is a tiny group of hackers. Or maybe they just don't care about the Touch because their dicks are hard for the phone.

Paul says:

people need to have patience. I own two 3g's and in time there will be an unlock.

Santa Fean says:

We all hate ATT for good reason. So...need unlocked perfectly working iphone for us Mac/Ipod folks. Thank you Dev Team for your work and I KNOW you will find the cure for ATT sickness...soon?

Deepak Mittal says:

Hi :ö)
I have bought the new Ipod touch and i am trying to unlock it but i ma not able to do that i am using quickpwn.can any one help me out in this my mail id is dsmittal@yahoo.com
deepak

Vian says:

Hey is there a way to jail break the new iPod touch if so can you email it to me at vianpersad@hotmail.com

Vian says:

Email me how to jail break the new iPod touch @ vianpersad@hotmail.com

Tyrone Willets says:

To start earning money with your blog, initially use Google Adsense but gradually as your traffic increases, keep adding more and more money making programs to your site.

jafer says:

is there any solotion to 3g 2.2.1 i cant find any so if there is some one who can help mee pleas send a email to mee at jaferkbh@live.dk

Nelly Wetherby says:

Turbotax Online is the web based software from the makers of the Turbotax software for PCs. Turbotax software has been about for over a decade. During this time, it has shipped millions of copies of their tax software. for the past couple of years ever popular PC software is available on the web. This makes it easy to ready your tax return. There isn't any software CD to install and no files to guard. Its all online and you can prepare and file your tax return right on the website. For Tax year 2009, Turbotax is packed in 5 different versions : Free Online Edition Deluxe Edition Online Premier Online Home and Business TurboTax personal ProSince tax laws change each year, the software is updated each year for the most recent tax law changes. Here is what you should expect from the different versions. Features Common to all online Editions - Free Fed. efile, All Tax Calculations - real time answers online from TurboTax mavens and other users of the software, Life Changes to your tax situation ( for example. Getting married, Realtime online answers ) The Free version is perhaps the best place to start if you are new to online tax preparation. First its great to get your feet wet and discover what the software has to give. In truth you can preview your tax return long before you finalize it. Second, you are not locked into the free version, if your tax situation is such that it needs more complex calculations, the software will immediately suggest the best version of their software.

weight loss says:

When you owe back taxes, life can get very difficult once the tax collection process begins.

income tax forms says:

I would purchase a software if you were to do it yourself. Turbotax is a good one

Malik Andreas says:

Great info on cell phone unlocking. I love cell phones and work at a little cell phone shop where we unlock phones and mod them for people. Add http://free-cell-phone-unlock.com to your list of free cell phone unlock sites, I use the downloads there a lot to help me unlock phones for customers, don't be mad but hey I have to make a living some kinda way!! lol.
Anyways, I figured you could use that in your bag of tricks too :-)