Fruit Ninja strategy guide: How to slice and dice your way to your highest score ever!
In Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick, you are a ninja that is tasked with slicing as much fruit as you can while avoiding obstacles such as bombs. There are a few different modes to choose from including arcade, classic, and multiplayer. No matter what mode you play, the object is to slash as much fruit as you can while avoiding bombs. There are lots of ways to rack up your score and unlock objectives faster, and that's where iMore comes in! These are the top Fruit Ninja tips, hints, and cheats you must know!
1. You don't need to buy starfruit with real money
Starfruit is the main currency type in fruit ninja and you can use it to buy boosts and other swag inside the game. Fruit Ninja is one of the very few games that actually requires you to buy in-game currency in order to advance. Most of the objectives are fairly easy to complete and earn you quite a bit of starfruit. You can also watch short video ads which is another super simple way to rack up starfruit to use toward boosts.
2. Don't use long swipes when bombs are around
While bombs don't end the game in arcade mode, they do end the game in classic mode if you hit one. Try to always use short and brief swipes when you know bombs are floating around. The longer the swipe you use, the more likely you are to hit a bomb that may appear. Just go after fruit and don't worry about combos unless there are no bombs lurking around.
3.Check Gutsu's Cart periodically for free starfruit
Sometimes Gatsu has a nice little starfruit bonus waiting for you when you visit his cart. If you've never visited it before, be sure you do and you may be surprised how much starfruit he has to offer you right off the bat. This is also where you'll buy power ups to use inside the game, some of which you'll need in order to complete certain objectives.
4. Use Peachy Times to boost your score in arcade and zen mode
I've found Peachy Times to be one of the most useful power ups if you enjoy playing arcade mode. Every peach you slice gives you an extra 2 seconds on the clock. While that doesn't seem like a lot, when you swipe several of them, that's a heck of a lot more game play time to work with. In some games, it can make a difference of a few hundred points if you've got a great combo blitz going.
5. Don't use more than one finger
There are some tip guides out there that tell you that using more than one finger is a good idea. I have never ever found this to be effective, and if anything, I've found it distracting. All it does is obscure your view of the screen even more. Lay your iPhone or iPad down on a flat surface if you can and find a position that allows you to see as much screen as possible. That also brings me to my next tip...
6. Try playing upside down
Playing upside down helps some players since the fruit comes up from the bottom. When you're holding your iPhone or iPad, your hand most likely obscures some of your view of the bottom of the screen. Playing upside down prevents this from happening. If you play with your iPhone or iPad laying flat on the table, simply rotate it. If you play holding your device, use rotation lock and then turn it.
7. Multiple special bananas = huge high score
The most awesome way to boost your score ever is when you get a two power up bananas at the same time in arcade mode. Double points and freeze are awesome but the rare fruit frenzy and freeze bananas are by far the best combo to have. Once everything is frozen and the fruit is moving in slow motion, just wait for it to fill up then slide in broad strokes to rack up huge combos over and over.
8. A good ninja always listens first, and acts second
If you pay close attention, you can hear whether fruit or a bomb has been launched your way by the sounds the game makes. Listen to these cues as it gives your brain time to prepare for what's coming up from the bottom of the screen. If you hear a ticking bomb, you know that short strokes are a good idea. If you don't, you know you're in the clear to swipe as many combos as you can quickly.
9. Pay attention to the objectives and complete them
Completing objectives in Fruit Ninja is the simplest way to rack up starfruit quickly. The amount offered is very generous and the objectives are never incredibly hard. Some of them may require you to buy power ups to complete them but they don't cost a ton and they're extremely fun to use. I also never pay to skip an objective. It costs a lot of starfruit and odds are, you'll get good enough to pass it if you just try a few times.
10. Don't be afraid to start a level over
Sometimes you start off badly. Perhaps you hit a bomb right off the bat in arcade mode, or you let a fruit drop off the screen in classic mode. Unlike games such as Candy Crush or Two Dots, there is no lives limit and you can play as much as you want, as often as you like. If you're having a bad game, quit and start over!
Your Fruit Ninja tips, hints, and cheats?
Are you a fruit slicing master yourself? If so, what tips, hints, and cheats have you found that have helped get you to your highest score ever? Be sure to let me know in the comments! And if you'd like, let us know what your highest Fruit Ninja score is currently!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple releases iPadOS 13.6.1
Apple has released iPadOS 13.6.1 to the public. It's a minor update with bug fixes and performance improvements.
Review: Urbanista London Wireless Earbuds offer sophisticated features
Urbanista's London Wireless Earbuds have an array of advanced features, such as Advanced Noise Cancelling, Ambient Sound Mode, wireless Qi charging, in-ear detection, touch controls, and more.
Tweetbot for iPad gains trackpad support, now opens links in more browsers
Tweetbot fans can now use a trackpad or mouse when they're doing their Tweeting from an iPad.
Try out these shooters on your Nintendo Switch
Looking to get into some fast-paced shooting action on your Switch? Here are some of the best shooters available right now.