How to enable (or disable) iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
There are some pros and cons to using iCloud Keychain. For example, it doesn't have a separate master password option, so once you unlock your device, anyone you hand it to can access all your passwords and credit cards. Also, the passwords it generates aren't particularly strong. It is, however, easy and far, far, better than nothing. Apple will ask you if you want to use it when you first setup your iOS device, but if you change your mind, or if you want to switch back or switch away, you can quickly enable it - or disable it - in Settings.
How to turn on (or turn off) iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- Launch Settings from the Home screen
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud Keychain.
- Toggle iCloud Keychain to ON.
To disable iCloud Keychain, repeat the steps above but toggle iCloud Keychain to OFF.
How to get more help with iCloud Keychain
If you have specific questions about iOS 7 or OS X Mavericks in general, check out our iOS 7 help and discussion forum or OS X Mavericks help and discussion forum. For more on Safari in specific, check out our ultimate guide:
- How to enable (or disable) iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to access and view your iCloud Keychain passwords on iOS 7
- How to force websites to save passwords to iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to delete saved passwords from iCloud Keychain in iOS 7
- How to force websites to save passwords to iCloud Keychain in OS X Mavericks
- How to manually add your credit card to iCloud Keychain for OS X Mavericks