iPhone is a pocket camera, computer, and yes — communicator — all in one. It's Apple's most successful product and one of the most successful products of all time. Introduced by Steve Jobs in 2007, Apple has sold over a billion of them to date.
Current models include iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE. That's a lot of iPhones, with a lot of different features, at a lot of different price points. Here's how to sort them all out!
- Our recommendation: The Best iPhone is the 256 GB iPhone XS
- What's next: iPhone 2019 rumor roundup
- All iPhone news
- iPhone XS review
- iPhone XR review
- iPhone X review
- iPhone 8 review
- iPhone 7 review
- iPhone 6s review
- iPhone SE review
Buying your iPhone
If you haven't gotten an iPhone yet or you're looking to upgrade to a new iPhone, you have a lot to choose from. Apple not only sells the all-new iPhone X, but the updated iPhone 8, last year's iPhone 7, the lower-priced iPhone 6s, and the compact iPhone SE. If you're not sure which model is for you, or what color or capacity, or whether you should get AppleCare or not, here's everything you need to help you decide.
- How to sell your old phone before upgrading to your new iPhone
- Should you upgrade to a new iPhone?
- Which iPhone should you get?
- What color iPhone should you get?
- What iPhone storage size should you get?
- Should you use the iPhone upgrade program?
- Should you get AppleCare+?
Using your iPhone
Once you have your new iPhone, you're going to want to set it up and get started using it. You can either set it up as a new phone, restore it from the backup of a previous iPhone, or move your data over from an old Android phone, Windows phone, or BlackBerry. Then the fun starts — everything in iOS is now available to you, from iMessage to the Camera, Apple Pay to the Safari web browser, Home automation to Health and fitness.
- How to set up your new iPhone
- How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone
- How to transfer data from your old Android phone to your new iPhone
- How to use your iPhone and iOS 10
- How to fix iPhone battery life problems
- How to fix other common iPhone problems
More for iPhone
Once you've got your iPhone and it's all set up, it's time to check out all the apps and accessories that can take it — and you! — to the next level!
- Best apps for iPhone
- Best games for iPhone
- Best accessories for iPhone XS Max
- Best accessories for iPhone XS
- Best accessories for iPhone XR
- Best accessories for iPhone X
- Best accessories for iPhone 8
- Best accessories for iPhone 7
- Best accessories for iPhone 6s
- Best accessories for iPhone SE
iPhone help and discussion
If you have any questions or need any help with your iPhone, jump into our forums:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
White House document confirms TikTok could be cut off from app stores
A White House document has reportedly clarified that an executive order targeting TikTok could see it removed from app stores and prevented from hosting advertising on its platform.
NJ Supreme Court rules you can be forced to give up your phone’s passcode
In a 4-3 decision, the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled Monday that the Fifth Amendment did not protect this particular defendant.
Ooredoo ONE subscribers can now get an Apple TV 4K with their TV plan
Subscribers to Qatari TV company Ooredoo can get a free Apple TV 4K with their ONE plan right now.
Your iPhone X isn't invincible — check out these waterproof cases
Your iPhone X may be water-resistant, but if you plan on taking it near water or right in the pool with you, then consider these cases.